Zane, Chapter 7/Update

hugs.gif

I know it can't be just me, sitting here crying tears over a chicken I've never met in the flesh, but wanting so desperately for him to beat this darned infection any way possible and live out his life happy & healthy. Prayers for his complete healing are with you & with your DH, SpeckledHen...

I've shed quite a few tears over my Zane, too. And I'm sure more are to come. He's not friendless, though. There are girls in the flock who still adore him. There is about a 6 inch gap between the wire wall that makes Suede's coop and Zane's dog kennel. I caught my black Ameraucana, Gypsy, up there wedged in that space, laying next to Zane. How she managed to fly up 3 ft, then into that tiny space is beyond me, but she was determined to see her Zane.
More than once, I've found his daughter, Panda, along with her ever-present companions, Shadow and the GLW, Vada, laying against the fence of the pen next to her daddy on the other side. Sometimes, you just have to wonder if she knows who he is, crazy as that sounds.
Today, DH brought Zane inside so I could wipe off some poop smeared on his leg. He hates to get dirty, beats everything I've ever seen. When we finished that, I was petting and talking to Zane while he was in my hubby's arms and he tilted his head, gave me the softest, most ethereal expression and I could almost swear he winked at me. Its amazing how much one crippled rooster can enhance your life.
There will not really be much news about Zane for awhile. We are going to carry on what we're doing and watch him closely, to see if his attitude changes. Right now, he seems okay with his life, though his leg bothers him alot.

Back
Top Bottom