Zebra Finches dying

stefanr

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 31, 2014
Hello everyone, have been a long term user but not really posted much. I recently adopted the birds from a friends aviary who is moving house but unable to ttake them with him. I keep chickens and Quail but I've been thrown in at the deep end somewhat with 27 zebra finches and 11 diamond doves. Today (3rd day) i have found 4 dead finches on the floor and it looks like 3 more are struggling. Any ideas? Theyve only been fed standard finch feed (pets at home?) Since ive had them and also some sliced cucumber. Today my wife put some apple in, that i am concerned contained seeds. Would this have had such an immediate effect? Thank you!

Further info - they have a 'shed' of 7ft x 5ft and an outside area of 9ft x 7ft. Shed was stained a day prior to their arrival but only the outside which is well ventilated. Plants included are a small pine, dogwoods, blackcurrant, cotoneaster horizontalis and carex grasses. I looked these plants up and thought they were all ok?

Attachments

• 20200716_150557.jpg
    20200716_150557.jpg
    804.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200716_150543.jpg
    20200716_150543.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
I have no Good answer for you... But I’ll give you a bump to the top so that others can see you too. It might be worth posting in the emergency cures and diseases part of the forum since more people are visiting there

Back
Top Bottom