zicam---loss of smell

Sadly, I did use Zicam from about 2002 to 2005. I used to have an acute sense of smell. Since using Zicam, I can barely smell flowers, especially roses or mildly scented flowers and even have trouble smelling spoiled milk. My DSO will tell me the cat box smells, but I can barely smell it. It has also affected my sense of taste, since it is integral to the sense of smell. Strong flavors that used to bother me are now no problem to eat. I do worry that I will eat something bad, so throw things out if it is even slightly possible that they will be bad, even if they smell fine.

I have never reported this to my doctor, but mostly because I wanted to avoid grieving the loss of a very enjoyable sense. I doubt that my sense of smell will return. It has been like this for four years.
sad.png

This is why I do not use any drug. Maybe an asprin for a bad headache and even then I'll suffer for a few hours first. Seems all this Pharma is a mega money grab anymore and no one cares at whose expense the profits are made!

The last people I trust would be the FDA anyway, so who knows. So glad they can now "regulate" tobacco and what can be put in it. God help the smokers out there when these fools get control of all the tobacco!

Can't wait till they regulate my health care
ep.gif

Quote:
I used Zicam around that time. I heard a story similar to yours and threw it all away. Luckily I did not lose my sense of smell, but have been warning everybody about it's possible side effects. Why do you think it took them so long to finally publish something? I really do hope that your sense of smell returns.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
i have like 5 boxes of that
i also have it in pill form
i take it the first sign of a cold
gee
thanks a million
gotta go and trash it

Wow!! I always use Zicam for colds, definitely not anymore!

I wonder if the liquid form is recalled as well? I never used the nasal swabs (thankfully).

Thanks for passing this on.

I've used ziacam and I still do... no issues at all!

However, I have more damage from my 15 years old smoking!

I guess its different for everyone.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom