Zipping wrong way??

Feb 17, 2021
I now have 5 incubated eggs start to pip today(day 22) but one particular egg i've been watching looks like it it's zipping but... it's going down toward the bottom of the bator. It's still opening and closing it's mouth but not exactly repeatedly - almost like she is almost done absorbing her yolk. What do I do? she is sometimes chirping but shes slowly making her way down horizontally, and she sometimes pushes downward with her beak and pushes out a LITTLE, but not much. Its been 20 hours since I saw her beak, and i'm getting worried... what should i do??? I also have an egg that shakes a little then peeps. there is a little hole but haven't seen her beak - is that normal? Sry I have a lot of questions but I want to know the answers for these problems so next time I will hopefully be prepared... Thanks!

I now have 5 incubated eggs start to pip today(day 22) but one particular egg i've been watching looks like it it's zipping but... it's going down toward the bottom of the bator. It's still opening and closing it's mouth but not exactly repeatedly - almost like she is almost done absorbing her yolk. What do I do? she is sometimes chirping but shes slowly making her way down horizontally, and she sometimes pushes downward with her beak and pushes out a LITTLE, but not much. Its been 20 hours since I saw her beak, and i'm getting worried... what should i do??? I also have an egg that shakes a little then peeps. there is a little hole but haven't seen her beak - is that normal? Sry I have a lot of questions but I want to know the answers for these problems so next time I will hopefully be prepared... Thanks!
Pictures of the oddball you're describing?

Back
Top Bottom