Zombie threads and not the breaking dawn variety

oldrooster

One Crazy Nut
11 Years
Feb 19, 2012
monroe county indiana
My Coop
My Coop
I recently saw a thread pop up near the top of the list of threads and marked for lock down (meaning no new posts) because of it being a "zombie thread" and I never saw anything in it about the blood sucking variety. so my question what is a zombie thread and why lock it down?

The zombie threads are breaking out everywhere!
hide.gif

A zombie thread is one that was active a long time ago, but which died because interest in its subject was exhausted. Out of the blue, somebody posts on it, and suddenly it's "alive" again. An example might be one where somebody had a chicken exhibiting signs of illness, which then garners a few responses. It would be a bit silly to have people responding to that 3 years later, when the chicken may be no longer alive, and maybe even the Original Poster may not be an active member anymore.

I'm beginning to fear that we're in the grip of a zombie thread apocalypse!

The zombie threads are breaking out everywhere!
hide.gif

A zombie thread is one that was active a long time ago, but which died because interest in its subject was exhausted. Out of the blue, somebody posts on it, and suddenly it's "alive" again. An example might be one where somebody had a chicken exhibiting signs of illness, which then garners a few responses. It would be a bit silly to have people responding to that 3 years later, when the chicken may be no longer alive, and maybe even the Original Poster may not be an active member anymore.

I'm beginning to fear that we're in the grip of a zombie thread apocalypse!

Ah, yeah, I noticed that. I bet it has to do with the search options. Members search on an ailment or condition and these older threads must be popping up when searched via relevancy.

What makes that frustrating is that most posters who receive advice regarding a sick bird don't come back and post the results so you don't know if the recommendations worked or not.

Back
Top Bottom