Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
It's that time of year for many of our hens. Many of us are finding feathers all over the coop floor and blowing in the Fall winds.
big_smile.png

So, let's post some pics of our hens with the worst molts!

Here's mine:

2_ugly-hen.jpg

That's pretty bad! I had the most disgustingly molty hen last year but I never took a picture! And she died last winter.
Sigh.

My brahma girls are in molt and have been for awhile, but they are so heavily feathered that you really can't tell much difference, other than the scattered feathers like you mentioned. Their black primary wing and tail feathers are the only part noticable.

My quail are just getting through their first molt. My husband has never witnessed this and asked me if they were sick and dying - they looked pretty rough! The male had it the worst with a thick spiky pin collar around his neck and legs. Wish I would have thought to take pictures....

That's amazing. My hens seem to loose a feather and gain a feather. You can only tell that they're molting by seeing all the new growth when you lift back their current feathers.

Hi all! This is Chocolate, she was soo creepy for a while!! I'm sooo happy she's back to normal! she's been much more kind!

13456_choclate1.jpg

13456_chocolate2.jpg

13456_chocolate3.jpg

13456_chocolate4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom