My goodness. I think you are right. I had assumed it was working but thinking about it, I really haven't had to fill the water reservoir at all. I check it daily to make sure there aren't any kinks in the tubes but never thought to look for holes (it's brand new and this is the first time I've used it). As soon as I go home I am going to check it out and will let you know. Hopefully it is an easy fix as described above! I was able to bring up the humidity on the inside but only because I added a couple of small sponges in a small medicine cup. I'd rather rely on the humidity pump though!
Just so you know, by rights you should not need to put any water in reservoirs, sponges, or anything else in a Brinsea with a humidity pump. The humidity pump, and some place for the water to sit in the bator, will provide you with the most control over your RH%. So, once you get water coming out the bator end of the pump's hose, take all that other stuff out. You should be able to get it to lockdown RH% (65-75%) within an hour or so.