Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- I'm finally a momma!!!! *Pic heavy* New Px Pg6 Last post on 4/16/13 at 6:53pm in Pictures & Stories of My Chickens
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Black Langshan? Cochin X Australorp? Help me ID my new hen, please? :) Last post on 5/16/13 at 11:29am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/5/16 at 9:00pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- ?'s about straight combs Last post on 3/2/12 at 8:35pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
Last edited: 1/23/12
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Cochin Black By Liberty Hill HenLast edited: 1/10/12
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
Cochin breeding, genetics, and showing - Page 95post #941 of 9742/24/16 at 12:07pmI have 9 Cochin chickens right now of various colors and I plan to downsize but I am having trouble deciding which ones to keep. I have 4 Roos and 5 hens. My plan was to keep 1 of each color hen, and then 1 roo to later breed. I am so lost as to what colors I will get when breeding. The color of hens are black, blue, and silver laced. The color Roos, are 1 solid black, 1 solid blue, and 1 blue with white, and 1 blue with white and a tiny brown. We of course love the last one best. He is beautiful, so is the other blue with white. So the question is, what will the mixing of these color make??
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #942 of 9742/24/16 at 12:12pmpost #943 of 9742/24/16 at 12:32pmpost #944 of 9742/24/16 at 1:35pmpost #945 of 9742/24/16 at 1:46pmThese are the Roos. The last two are hens. If you zoom you can see that the first roo is light grey with white and a little gold, the second is dark grey with white. Both so pretty! Lol and of course we love the silver laced girl. So would I still get some solids with one of the splash Roos? [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]post #946 of 9742/24/16 at 1:47pmpost #947 of 9742/24/16 at 1:58pmpost #948 of 9742/25/16 at 8:17amQuote:Originally Posted by honormaria
These are the Roos. The last two are hens. If you zoom you can see that the first roo is light grey with white and a little gold, the second is dark grey with white. Both so pretty! Lol and of course we love the silver laced girl. So would I still get some solids with one of the splash Roos? [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
i like the black and gold one but this could be why.
this is my boy Shadow.post #949 of 9743/13/16 at 1:53pm
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Currently, there are 1524 Active Users (200 Members and 1324 Guests)
- › The Old Folks Home 1 minute ago
- › Is this Poo Normal 1 minute ago
- › The last letter Game 1 minute ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 1 minute ago
- › How much seperation between chicken and quail 1 minute ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 1 minute ago
- › Female duck mounting and biting other female duck-leading to blood 2 minutes ago
- › Great Hatch!!!! 2 minutes ago
- › NPIP North Missisippi 2 minutes ago
- › Hands on hatching and help 3 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age