That's a heck of a lot of Pekins.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 12:44 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Chill's Chicken Coop Project Last post on 7/16/16 at 8:05pm in Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance
- Too cold for quail? Last post on 5/1/16 at 5:38pm in Quail
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks Last post on 10/12/16 at 11:05am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- The waste! Oh the wasted feed... Last post on 10/29/15 at 7:26pm in Feeding & Watering Your Flock
Alaskan's Smaller Coops
Last edited: 4/4/15
- ChooksChick's Hints for HenthusiastsLast edited: 3/30/13
- Rendezvous CoopLast edited: 1/10/13
- Duck HouseLast edited: 5/27/11
- Chill's Chicken CoopLast edited: 7/7/16
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
The Duck Thread - Page 1013
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #10122 of 169819/28/15 at 11:43ampost #10123 of 169819/28/15 at 11:47amQuote:Originally Posted by JadeComputerGal
Also, don't forget the supplement part mostly applies when you're not using duckling feed. Some people aren't able to buy duckling feed locally, so they have to use chick feed instead. Chick feed doesn't have enough niacin for ducklings.
Does one not have to give niacin if they're feeding Purina Flock Raiser? I think their bag says it's okay for ducklings, but I don't trust them, lol.
-Kathypost #10124 of 169819/28/15 at 11:53amQuote:
I don't trust the descriptions on any of them, so I always look at the nutritional analyses. I've never used PFR since we only use duck feed, but I can't imagine it would have enough niacin for growing ducklings. I'll take a look at that on their site in a bit.post #10125 of 169819/28/15 at 11:59amQuote:Originally Posted by JadeComputerGal
I don't trust the descriptions on any of them, so I always look at the nutritional analyses. I've never used PFR since we only use duck feed, but I can't imagine it would have enough niacin for growing ducklings. I'll take a look at that on their site in a bit.
Thanks... I asked twice in the over in the feed forum, but never got an answer. I feed mine a turkey starter, which I think has more niacin than chick starter, so maybe that's why I don't see leg problems in mine?
-Kathypost #10126 of 169819/28/15 at 12:01pmNot sure if im posting correctly or not...im still new to this but i have a duck (quacker oats) who seems to have lost her quack! She had it this morning but now shes opening her mouth to quack and nothing's coming out! I don't know what breed she is! Im going to try to upload a pic of herpost #10127 of 169819/28/15 at 12:02pm
Hmmm.... thinking out-loud here, but I noticed that one of my mature drakes spends most of his day sitting. I checked him for bumbles, swelling, etc, but found nothing. My adult ducks eat what the chickens eat, so maybe it is a niacin deficiency?
-Kathypost #10128 of 169819/28/15 at 12:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by season1223
Not sure if im posting correctly or not...im still new to this but i have a duck (quacker oats) who seems to have lost her quack! She had it this morning but now shes opening her mouth to quack and nothing's coming out! I don't know what breed she is! Im going to try to upload a pic of her
Welcome to BYC! Can you take her to a vet? If not, that's okay, I'm sure many of us can offer some advice.
-Kathypost #10129 of 169819/28/15 at 12:05pm
- ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 23 seconds ago
- › Adult & Kids Costume Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts,... 33 seconds ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 46 seconds ago
- › Just In Time Hatching Egg AUCTION and BIN Thread 1 minute ago
- › Lots of feathers??? 1 minute ago
- › Baby has a fever :( First time chick mom 1 minute ago
- › It's a Strange World, After All - A mythical role play 2 minutes ago
- › Outdoor Quail Cages (Big) 2 minutes ago
- › BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT. 2 minutes ago
- › *Hidden Nature* A Shapeshifting RP 2 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Coq au Vin
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page