Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 10:54 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Chill's Chicken Coop Project Last post on 7/16/16 at 8:05pm in Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance
- Too cold for quail? Last post on 5/1/16 at 5:38pm in Quail
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks Last post on 10/12/16 at 11:05am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- The waste! Oh the wasted feed... Last post on 10/29/15 at 7:26pm in Feeding & Watering Your Flock
Alaskan's Smaller Coops
Last edited: 4/4/15
- ChooksChick's Hints for HenthusiastsLast edited: 3/30/13
- Rendezvous CoopLast edited: 1/10/13
- Duck HouseLast edited: 5/27/11
- Chill's Chicken CoopLast edited: 7/7/16
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
The Duck Thread - Page 1481
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #14802 of 169565/22/16 at 4:51pmpost #14803 of 169565/22/16 at 5:03pmQuote:
yes, food and water 24/7. i think the novelty is worn off now. they're not eating the bedding anymore that i can see.post #14804 of 169565/22/16 at 5:46pmpost #14805 of 169565/22/16 at 5:58pm
"Accessorize." Gotta use that!post #14806 of 169565/22/16 at 6:07pmpost #14807 of 169565/22/16 at 6:11pmpost #14808 of 169565/22/16 at 6:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by DuckGirl77
Thanks for the pics! I am definitely going to look into that heating pad for next spring. It sounds like a better approach than a heat lamp. I thought that heat lamps were the only way and I always wished there was a way for them to cool down if they don't all like the same temperature. I guess this is the answer!
My babies are about a month old now and almost never use the MHP but it's been great! They are all happy and healthy, and as a first time duck mama I'm pretty pleased with how well it worked out. Here are a couple pics of those first days with it.post #14809 of 169565/22/16 at 7:23pmDog house with momma ducks at 30% humidity meat thermometer 90 in water temperature outside of dog house 80 f inside 82 f on front back one at 80 f temp 90f and 35 but just put back one in 10 minutes ago so it might have to adjust from outside air to in dog house air no lights or heating pad or vaporizer or humidifier going at these time tell I can get the part. To we connect circuit board . Warm air cool air heat. Plus momma ducks. Equal to what when eggs laid. To what is the promising hatch rate. Physics and math to equal to Heath and safety of chicks and hens to ducks and duckings.post #14810 of 169565/23/16 at 4:38amQuote:
Oh my, that poof is just fabulous! Lmao, all ducks have that awkward teen stage, but I think yours is going to come out looking just fine. My husband thinks that the little runner is the cutest of our ducks. I dont see much of a difference between her and our other fawn/white girl but maybe that's just me lol. That pekin is her best bud right now (and thanksgiving dinner )I can't get over how chubby he looks! His feathers on his head are positioned weird too so it looks like he's got a big dip in his brain lol. They're just a funny pair of ducks.
Yesterday, I watched the little runner (still no name yet, I'm bad at names) lay down on the ground with her rear in the air and "present" herself to the pekin. But he's only a couple months old and doesn't understand what to do. So he just walked over top of her like she was just an obstacle in his path.the squawk she let loose when his big feet squished her was just too funny.
Edited by PotatoWaffles - 5/23/16 at 4:44amSo this is where my John Hancock goes? Oh wait, John Hancock? Pffft...it's Herbie Hancock ;]So this is where my John Hancock goes? Oh wait, John Hancock? Pffft...it's Herbie Hancock ;]
- ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
Currently, there are 1422 Active Users (171 Members and 1251 Guests)
- › Muscovy Behavior Interpretation? 20 seconds ago
- › AYAM CEMANI - Pure Black chicken, inside and out! 1 minute ago
- › New member 1 minute ago
- › Neutering Roosters 1 minute ago
- › Your experience with Ideal Poultry 2 minutes ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 2 minutes ago
- › Big pretty new roo what could he be? 2 minutes ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 2 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 3 minutes ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 4 minutes ago
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.