“Share Helpful Backyard Poultry TIPS” a Random Posting CONTEST Thread ~ Hosts, Mike & Sally

How do you candle from the outside?
I either have a book light I can fit through the vent holes or the best way is to shine a really bright light under the incubator. If the light is bright enough it lights up all the eggs at once! right now I have a overcrowded incubator, so minus the egg cartons it's pretty easy!!
Here is the light I found that works wonders.

I have no idea the brand name. Just it's really bright!!!

Not sure if anyone has already come up with these but here goes
If you are out of marbles to put in waters for you new chicks you can us all thoses PESKY Legos (that you still manage to walk on even though your kids have not played with it for YEARS. - I could swear that like in Toy Story the toys become alive at night and spread Lego everywhere!!!)

I have spent 4 weeks looking for marbles... and Legos are everywhere in my house. Sometimes we just get so focused we forget to open our eyes and look around. Thanks so much for the tip!

Not sure if anyone has already come up with these but here goes
If you are out of marbles to put in waters for you new chicks you can us all thoses PESKY Legos (that you still manage to walk on even though your kids have not played with it for YEARS. - I could swear that like in Toy Story the toys become alive at night and spread Lego everywhere!!!)

thumbsup.gif

I'm amazed at how many practical uses those things have.....

Last edited:
Potential base for the mother of all homemade bators???

Commercial bread proofing oven. Designed to be at about body temp. Comes complete with heating control and fans.

It stands about 6 foot tall.

Sally LOOK !!! it is for you!!!

Back
Top Bottom