“Share Helpful Backyard Poultry TIPS” a Random Posting CONTEST Thread ~ Hosts, Mike & Sally

Here is what I did with the thermo/hygro combo. It comes with a sticky velcro already on the back of it. All I did was cut a couple pieces out of a plastic water jug, cut some holes to keep ventilation and stuck it on there.

I got a new little flashlight for candling but wanted a softer cushion and a way to create less gapping between the egg and the end of the flashlight.

I was trying to think of what I had on hand that could work - weather stripping! It's cushiony (yes, that's a word lol) and sticky on one side, so easy to apply & work with - however, I decided I wanted to secure mine better with super glue once I had it in place.

So I super glued the weather stripping around the end of the flashlight and voila! A perfect cushion and great seal on the egg for candling! Even if you don't have weather stripping on hand, it's super cheap and easy to pick up!
1f60a.png

Candlers/ FLASHLIGHTS TO CANDLE DARK EGGS & Innovations SUGGESTIONS post #38996

Quote:
  • Skid-proof, waterproofing design, "O" ring sealed.
  • Super Bright, blinding Effect, adjustable focus range for different usage.
  • Convex Lens Reflector; Clip for convenience carry.
  • Internal wiring applies the high efficient booster circuit, working voltage is wide and can utilize the batteries in the largest extent.
  • Suitable for Self Safety, hunting, cycling, climbing, camping and outdoor activity etc.

List Price:$29.99Price:$6.99 & FREE Shipping\
61GZvqzgdbL._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
LL
DARK EGGS TRY MORE THAN ONE FLASHLIGHT
Great info and LOVE the mic stand idea! How handy! I know my light isn't quite that many lumens but good to know if/when I switch up to higher power! The one I have right now is pretty great but I don't have any SUPER dark eggs at the moment.
1f60a.png

I use a baby video monitor that has that night vision, put it to good use in the chick brooders in case a lamp blows I know it. something like this but mine is 10 years plus old, CL always has them listed for sale!

First_Alert_Digital_Wireless_Baby_Monitor_with_Night_Vision673Detail.jpg

Back
Top Bottom