• Pheasant Eggs

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Duck Eggs

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Other (please tell us below)

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
Pics
Well, I wasn't planning on hatching this late in the year, but because my naughty pullet went broody under the coop and I don't feel like breaking a broody right now, I'll let it go.

Okay, I'm ecstatic about this! I am hoping to get some pure-blood spangled OEGBs from this hatch! Also expecting some mixes and maybe pure silkies!

Heather is an OEGB/silkie pullet mix. She went broody on a hidden nest under the coop where she and my OEGB hen have been stashing their eggs for who knows how long! :he

Anyways, for a couple days she sat until I was able to catch her off the nest and manage the eggs. There were over a dozen! I'm not really expecting any of those to hatch now so I took out all but two and put three new eggs under her. I'm hoping that if the first two don't hatch then the next three will so she will be happy.

I forgot her exact hatch date but it is around a couple weeks away. Wish Heather luck!

I can't tell if this chick is shrinkwrapped or not, it has progressed since last night but the membrane looks a little yellowish. This chick pipped on the side opposite its air cell so I've been worried and watching it as closely as possible.
1600172989185.png

The babies got a ride in a box (across the room) from the bator to the brooder. All but two have hatched so far and I’ll leave those eggs in for another day or two. This is our first hatch ever so I’m thrilled. We have a barn yard mix but I’m seeing a lot of barred rock(could be mix could be pure) and I know I have at least 3 Marans mixes as they have leg feathers 💖and others are from
Isa brown, Australorp, Easter Eggers and Amberlinks. This is one of a few test runs but I’m looking forward to doing some breeding next year with my Marans, ameraucanas, and barred rocks to sell.
F3D1672B-92BD-440D-AC9B-7C46DA629E6D.jpeg

Well ..... out of my 16 “faverolles” eggs so far I have 1 internally pipped, 4 external pips, 6 faverollles and 5 .... what look like buff Orpington’s!!! 🙈 I must say for all the worrying I did through this hatch I never worried that the chickens coming out might be the wrong breed! 😱 buff Orpington’s are lovely but I just want faverolles 😭

Checked my incubators when I got home from town today (have not checked them since Sunday) and the moment I walked into the room I knew I was going to be looking for a rotten egg. I removed 3 rotten eggs from my 2nd incubator on Sunday and thoughtxI get them all...guess not. I started taking eggs out to candle and smell, and about half way through grabbed an egg and it smooshed in my hand. I did not realize it had already broke and I had rotten egg all over the water tray! Cleared all the eggs out of the incubator and rushed it up to the bathroom to clean it....soap and water, bleach, and then sprayed with an incubator cleaning spray. Then got it back down and plugged in and I candled and smelled the rest of the eggs. Out of 18 eggs I started with, I had already thrown out 3 rotten ones. Then I had this one burst, and I eliminated 1 more that smelled. Candling only showed 4 that were viable. A lot of the remaining didn't look quite right, so figure they would probably end up smelling eventually and tossed them too (day 10 anyway).

Candled all my other eggs too. I have Blue Bresse eggs on day 14 - 4 in my horizontal incubator and 4 in my vertical incubator. Even after buying 4 new thermometers and resetting the incubator temp to a new freshly calibrated thermometer...and the embryos in the vertical incubator still seem smaller than the ones in the horizontal incubator. However, on a good note, they are not dead! I have requested a replacement wafer as I feel something just is not quite right with the incubator.

Also, I candled day 15 quail eggs. Out of 12 eggs, 11 were developed and put into the hatcher today!

Bantam Faverolle eggs on the way (and the seller is including some LF Favorelles and Bantam Orpingons for free as they are done incubating and don't want to waste the eggs. I'm excited!

100% hatch 🐣 16 in the brooder 😁 although 5 are not what they are ment to be 🙄 I still got 11 faverolles 😁😁😁

Attachments

• C41A3D83-FC55-4B8F-8DA9-AF0B279B2A3B.jpeg
    C41A3D83-FC55-4B8F-8DA9-AF0B279B2A3B.jpeg
    637.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 66D5B1E4-1BCD-4FA5-BD74-EBF52B554E66.jpeg
    66D5B1E4-1BCD-4FA5-BD74-EBF52B554E66.jpeg
    421.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 5F968DAA-46CD-45ED-9A52-5E61902B201D.jpeg
    5F968DAA-46CD-45ED-9A52-5E61902B201D.jpeg
    360.9 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom