110˚ and my chickens have become honored guests

Poor things! We've gotten to the end of the day. It's still 99˚ but the sun will go down soon and that will cool things off.

Despite anything I can do for them they still suffer. And the next week looks like it will be a scorcher too. Not as bad but hardly good! I'm soooo grateful I located their coop and run in a yard with a lot of shade!

I cannot imagine those temperatures. :oops: I would never go outside either.
I kept asking my niece about this after she moved to Austin.
She said, it's just like winter up north, you go from place to place and don't tarry much outside in the extreme temps. Made sense to me!
She lived there for 10 years, but then moved back up north.
At least you can bundle up in the right clothes and play in the snow. :D

She said, it's just like winter up north, you go from place to place and don't tarry much outside in the extreme temps. Made sense to me!
I know! You can't wear any special clothes to keep you cold!

I’m in Northern California Small town north of Sacramento and we’re having a horrible heat advisory and wave too. 110 to 112 this coming week. And next week up to 112. We often see highs that touch 103-105 but this Is Horrible. It’s good to see I’m not alone at being at my chickens beacon call. Misters, fans, Shade cloth, frozen treats. Being a newbie it really worries me that I’m being over protective. Good to see I’m not alone. 😊👍

I will take cold over heat any day. That's why I live way up here in Wisconsin. :)

Back
Top Bottom