11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am removing some clears and a blood ring from my ducks. Only the latest day from the ducks were both fertile, but at least they got there eventually. The remaining duck eggs aren't overly active and I didn't lose any eggs last time I incubated ducks. Could the power outage be the issue or more likely something with the eggs?

Good luck! Sorry you lost your roo!
Thank you. It was a mistake and we feel horrible. . So I set 22 eggs the day after he passed..he was a six month old Golden Laced Cochin. He started crowing a 3.5 months and servicing his four ladies at yhe same time. Before they started laying!. All their first eggs were fertile. He was sometiing!

I’m so eager to see these chicks hatch, but I know we still got a ways to go.

So far I think everything looks good, but then there’s not much that could be seen at this stage anyway.

I do have a bit of concern for the auto turner and how it’s moving the eggs. I put them in straight but now a few of them have been knocked to the side. I’m not sure what I’m to think about that.
View attachment 2060643

It happens occasionally in the turners. Most of the time I find that it happens with tiny bantam eggs but it can happen with any.

I’m so eager to see these chicks hatch, but I know we still got a ways to go.

So far I think everything looks good, but then there’s not much that could be seen at this stage anyway.

I do have a bit of concern for the auto turner and how it’s moving the eggs. I put them in straight but now a few of them have been knocked to the side. I’m not sure what I’m to think about that.
View attachment 2060643
I have the Incuvue. I know it doesn't efficiently move the eggs with regard to the whole "this side up; that side up" thing. My very first time hatching ever, I was worried about this, but I thought, "Well, the hen probably doesn't pay any attention to X's and O's, either," so I decided to let it be and see what happened. I had bought cheap eggs on ebay which arrived poorly packaged and several weeping. Of the eight or nine that began to develop, seven hatched. Three were roosters who went to the freezer and I still have the hens--very nice, productive, pretty girls.

Sooo, I've been just trusting the process and so far that's worked out well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom