11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hatching bielefelders too (and biele mixes) this time to see how my roo is doing with his girls. Love them! Really great birds for so many reasons.

Everything I have read about them sounds wonderful! I think they are the ones I am most excited to hatch out out of all the eggs I bought. Crossing my fingers that I get a good hatch this time around. I ordered a new incubator Monday - hoping to move the eggs out of my current one and into the new one as soon as it gets here and I have it tested out. Upgrading from a Farm Innovators to a Hovabator. :)

Hmmm.. that looks familiar... 😍
15851541973714640288242667016946.jpg
15851542398007323951806739598850.jpg

DH said we need more chickens. Seriously? I told him I couldn't hatch more because only one incubator. Now I have an incubator on the way from incubator warehouse. Amazing what the fear of the possibly not having food will do. 😂(We won't tell him what the chicken food costs...)

I hear ya.. I bought my incubator on 3/14/20 and set 15 eggs that day, when I saw this at Wal Mart..
20200313_170358.jpg

Has anyone had any luck hatching Wal-Mart eggs? I got the expensive, organic high Omega3 ones bc that's all they had...

(Just kidding.. mine are from my Ameraucana flock.. 3 girls and 5 boys.. the eggs should be VERY fertile... 😆..)

:highfive: Are these eggs that you set for the Easter Hatch a Long?
The outer circle and 3 inner ones were set 3/14 (the outer circle was accumulated over 3 weeks in the refrigerator - average 10 days of refrigeration, I anticipate a 30% hatch rate). The inner circle has 3 laid and set on 3/14, one set on 3/21, and one set on 3/24, as they were laid (no refrigeration on inner circle). Whichever are eligible, are entries, the rest are along for the ride..

Two of the 3 tan banty eggs (outer ring, refrigerated, Mille Fleur D'uccles..) show development by candling, the Ameraucana eggs dont candle..

I hear ya.. I bought my incubator on 3/14/20 and set 15 eggs that day, when I saw this at Wal Mart..
View attachment 2061885

Has anyone had any luck hatching Wal-Mart eggs? I got the expensive, organic high Omega3 ones bc that's all they had...

(Just kidding.. mine are from my Ameraucana flock.. 3 girls and 5 boys.. the eggs should be VERY fertile... 😆..)

I like how people are all about health til they need to buy in bulk then they buy the cheap ones. Our chickens are laying so I’m thankful this didn’t happen in the winter.

I wanna candle all my eggs but I don’t want to bother the eggs too much. I promised myself to let them be on this hatch.

View attachment 2061885

True or not, I can't say, but there was recently a long thread on a hatching facebook group about hatching from walmart eggs. Apparently people have successfully, although the word is that Trader Joe's eggs have a better hatch rate. 🧐😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom