11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s only day three. I still have four more to go before I can weigh my eggs. If they’re infertile will they still lose weight you think?

I usually go by air cell size and not weight so I don't have a ton of experience there but I did weigh the eggs in my last hatch while documenting air cell growth and there was one infertile egg. Initially you will see some weight loss because the eggs still release moisture even when there isn't embryo development but there is eventually a difference in air cell size when looking at infertile eggs vs developing eggs I just don't know when the difference really starts to show, it's not really early.

I haven't been on here in a few years, but I put eggs in Saturday so figured I would comment. I have chocolate cuckoo orpington, mille fleur cochin, cream legbars, and silver penciled Cochin, and a few mixed eggs in mine. Total egg count 24.

Apparently i haven’t been on here in like 3 yrs as well. Where does the time go. 😊

Got my first round of chicken eggs set this afternoon - some Appenzeller's, some Bielefelder's, and some Copper Maran's. Still waiting on my Sapphire Gem's to arrive (they shipped yesterday) as well as my Show Silkies (which should ship sometime around this Thursday). My Sapphire Gem's will be in the same incubator as the ones I set today....so will be my first attempt at a staggered hatch. (Any tips would be appreciated. :) ) The Silkies will go into their own little incubator. Thinking of getting some Call Duck eggs after the 2 batches in my big incubator hatch. :)

Just started incubating my third batch of eggs. My hatch ratio isn't very good, but I'm learning. I have a still air incubator that I rotate the eggs. I really need a NICE cream legbar rooster. This is my third and only 1 of them was any good, the others attack me as though I'm a threat. I love the breed but might change my mind if I can't get another decent one. The one nice one I had died of either heart or wet fowl pox issues. He was sweet enough that he'd go between his brother and i when he went to attack me. Wish me luck. I've got at last a dozen eggs in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom