12 Baby Bunnies!!!

Oh I plan on altering them whichever sex I end up with. Just didn't know if there was a specific pairing of sexes that would get along better than another. I've never had bunnies so I am trying to learn all I can. I'm surprised how hard it is to find bunnies around here
Have you checked the farm and garden section of your local Craigslist?

If you don't plan on breeding you are better off spaying or neutering whichever you get. Both make great pets as long as you alter them. If you don't alter them bucks will spray and a doe will have false pregnancies and get really crabby if she doesn't get bred.
X2 this. :goodpost: Both sexes make good pets, but hormones make them bad pets at times. Both my males and females like to be pet, so it's hard to choose one over the other. Also if you get two make sure multiple times that they are sexed correctly, or you will end up a breeder yourself.

Yes and I even looked online for Ohio breeders. I found several but none of them are breeding anymore. (apparently they don't update breeders regularly).
Most folks don't breed until closer to Easter and into the warmer months. Do you have animal swap meets anywhere in your state? That's where I got my original 4.

Most folks don't breed until closer to Easter and into the warmer months. Do you have animal swap meets anywhere in your state? That's where I got my original 4.
I'm the opposite, I breed fall through spring and give them a couple months off in the summer. My bucks sometimes temporarily go sterile in the summer and I find that they generally handle cold much better than heat.

I'm the opposite, I breed fall through spring and give them a couple months off in the summer. My bucks sometimes temporarily go sterile in the summer and I find that they generally handle cold much better than heat.
I guess it's probably is based on climate. Here baby bunnies would freeze, especially in January through March. Our summers aren't as hot as others most years, so bunnies do better here.

Back
Top Bottom