12+ part English BBS Orps - BEAUTIFUL birds! - LAST CHANCE SALE for 2012! - FOUR SHIPMENTS LEFT!

Slackwater, what blue variations have you seen with your babies?

I'm wondering what these lavender babies will look like all grown up! Any ideas?

They're likely to be a pale blue. They might look lavendar, but will not be self-blue. They will differ from the splash in the lack of the darker streaks, but may be almost as light as a splash. I will see if I can get some pics of adults that are that pale, but it's often hard to catch their true coloring without the right light. If my camera flashes it washes them out, and my pens are in the shade. Time to pen up the free-range coop and let out the orps to play in the yard so that I can get some better pics!

They're likely to be a pale blue. They might look lavendar, but will not be self-blue. They will differ from the splash in the lack of the darker streaks, but may be almost as light as a splash. I will see if I can get some pics of adults that are that pale, but it's often hard to catch their true coloring without the right light. If my camera flashes it washes them out, and my pens are in the shade. Time to pen up the free-range coop and let out the orps to play in the yard so that I can get some better pics!
Awesome. Our first hatch we've got all of the dark blues, almost black, but not quite. I'm really excited that we'll have all the color variations. Unfortunately our rooster is a splash, so we won't have any black babies, but that's ok. I'm more than happy to have blues and splashes! I just love the splashes! They look like little pigpens!

Boo. Just checked my account and I'm poor from all these chickens! Maybe next year I'll get some more of these awesome babies from you :(
wee.gif
wee.gif
love.gif

Last edited:
Just wanted to update you on my hatch.
Out of 8 eggs, I ended up with 5 hatching! Great for shipped eggs!
Looks like I've got..

2 black
2 blue
1 splash
I think!

A bit blurry... little buggers won't sit still! lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom