13th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Going to start collecting eggs starting today. Any tips? How should I store them?

Put the eggs in an egg carton (paper/ cardboard type one is better than plastic one), pointy side down.

Store them in cool temperatures, so 40s to 60s.

With keeping them only a week or less... that is all that is needed.

If you are keeping them longer than a week it helps to rotate them a bit. So I put a fat book under one short edge of the egg carton, and every time I think about it I move the book to the other end.

Sadly I’ve decided not to set any eggs this time around 😕

I’m going to hold off until later this year when it’s warmer out, and I’ll have time to handle them more (I’m working on imprinting baby goats at the moment 😄)

I ended up setting eggs today (we have a pre-Easter party for visiting family from the UK) and wanted her to have a couple of days with the chicks before she left. So unless you can count eggs on the 10th as Easter (methinks not) please scratch off my name. Thank you!

My friend is still setting my eggs on the right date but I have a broody that refuses to get up and I think she's making my others not lay (is that possible? 🤔) so I will be separating her today to hatch out a batch today. I guess these won’t count 😂 but the ones my friend will incubate for me will. (It's my eggs and my incubator and she's keeping the chicks 😅 😂)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom