13th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Not really, though I do have the garage. Would that work?
Maybe - it depends on the garage and what you use it for. Some I've seen would probably be ok, but not mine because it's not well insulated.

If you park a car in it or have chemicals or fumes there, I wouldn't keep them there. My incubator manual says not to run the incubator in the garage because of these reasons as well as the potential for temperature swings. Some people do though so it probably depends on the garage and what else you use it for.

Maybe - it depends on the garage and what you use it for. Some I've seen would probably be ok, but not mine because it's not well insulated.

If you park a car in it or have chemicals or fumes there, I wouldn't keep them there. My incubator manual says not to run the incubator in the garage because of these reasons as well as the potential for temperature swings. Some people do though so it probably depends on the garage and what else you use it for.
Hmm, ok. We do park our cars in the garage, so maybe it wouldn't be the best idea.

Here are the possible options: (Fahrenheit)
Room-temp (66-75 degrees)
Refrigerator (38 degrees)
Garage (varies)
Basement (66 degrees)

Any other options? Where do you guys store eggs?

For anyone wondering, I really wouldn't try to hatch anything older than 15 days at the most. Like others have said, within one week old is the sweet spot. I've hatched eggs from 15 days to nearly 2 months old in previous years and fresher really is better.

Not only does the hatch rate drop after a week, after 15 days you run the risk of increasing severe hatching issues.

Hmm, ok. We do park our cars in the garage, so maybe it wouldn't be the best idea.

Garage (varies)
Basement (66 degrees)

I store mine on a shelf in my living room which is on the north side of the house so gets no sun. It's about 68 in there most of the time and I've never had an issue.

Sounds like you have some good options there too. :)

Is it okay to start eggs a couple days early and still join?? Kiddos are gone Easter weekend so I'm planning to set tomorrow for our first try at incubating 🤩
Yes! Two days before and after count.

Garage (varies)
Basement (66 degrees)

Basement sounds best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom