13th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Thanks! I’m not sure, honestly. I’m still pretty new to pigeons. 😅
View attachment 3044122
These are the parents. I think they might be homing pigeons? Or at least that’s what someone said when I first adopted them. I live in CA.
Oooo, how long has your uncle been raising pigeons?
They are very cute!

Last edited:
Did my 1st full candling . 4 clear unfertiles. All from my NH Hens. Only got 2 fertile and growing from them but 1 egg may be from a diff breed. Too many girls to keep track of. 😊 All others progressing nicely.

Havent checked under my broody yet, been waiting for the days to be above freezing to have a look.

These are clears right?
View attachment 3045127
It does look like a clear. Do not toss it though until day 10. Even then, open any egg you toss so that you will know for sure.

I just set a dozen bantam eggs the other day, with the hope of them hatching on Easter Sunday! 18-19 days for those little boogers (in my experience). I didn't see the post in time to set them to hatch the day before, but maybe I'll have some early hatchers!!
Nice!

Quick hello from public wifi. It doesn't seem that my turner is turning properly. I'm using the turn test several times a day. I'll have to check the days, though I don't know how it could be set wrong since chickens are the default.
Once it runs out, they have to be manually readded. Even if unplugged for a long time, when plugged back in, the days will still be at 0 from last time. Hope that is it anyway and not that it's not working! Good luck! :)

Once it runs out, they have to be manually readded. Even if unplugged for a long time, when plugged back in, the days will still be at 0 from last time. Hope that is it anyway and not that it's not working! Good luck! :)
Thank you! I thought it reset every time it was unplugged. I must have misread the instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom