13th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Did my first cull candling today. Of my 18 Pavlovskaya eggs, 12 have babies. 6 from one breeder, and 6 from the other. Of my 6 cream legbar eggs, I can't see into the dang things! The shells may as well be made of lead.

I found one that was clear enough that I felt safe taking it out, and it did, in fact, have a Day 6 or so rotting baby in it. The others still seem dark where they should be. So 5 left of those.

You guys, this little stinker of a hen squirreled away eight more eggs when I wasn’t looking :rolleyes: so I candled them and four clearly have something going on, so she’s up to twelve. I’m going to need to get the incubator warmed up for the ones that need longer than her patience allows.
Update: candled the eggs two days ago. Pulled out two duds. I’m not sure if the viability of most, to be honest. I found little broody mama sitting in the wrong nest box one day, and am not sure how long the eggs had been left cold. At this point I’m just hoping she has a couple babies to care for!

0CCEDF24-9080-4BCE-8127-6F196308059C.jpeg

First one out for this Hatchalong 🥰

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom