13th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
11 of my calls were internally pipped yesterday and 3 had externally pipped so I made some safety holes and popped some caps. Everyone I can see is still alive and chewing this morning. Im trying to decide when to chip away at some more shell

3 pheasant eggs in lockdown so far and more to join soon

11 of my calls were internally pipped yesterday and 3 had externally pipped so I made some safety holes and popped some caps. Everyone I can see is still alive and chewing this morning. Im trying to decide when to chip away at some more shell

3 pheasant eggs in lockdown so far and more to join soon
Still need a bit longer but 10 still hanging in. I lost 1 because my safety hole didn’t go all the way through the membrane where his bill was :hit
I also have first pip on pheasant egg this morning!

Two pips this morning. I took them out of the turner last night and heard a squeak while I was putting eggs in cartons and dividing them between the two incubators in groups. Thought it was maybe just a styrofoam type of squeak but then I heard it again. It was definitely a chick peeping. I had to hurry and get the humidity up in case they started hatching overnight but thankfully just the two pips this morning and the humidity is holding where I want it on both units.
D6AFEBB0-A9AB-4E25-91E8-D559589D38EC.png

I'm pretty sure one of my naked neck bantam eggs quit at some point last night. 😔 Just one remaining, so hopefully it hatches. It looks like it's in position to internally pip if it hasn't already. I hear no peeping, so I'm not really sure.

The silkied Cochin eggs are going good still, though. :fl They're a day behind the NN eggs and slightly larger, so I'm not expecting any activity from them for another day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom