13th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was so fun to watch with my kids first thing this morning. Can't wait to check out part 2!!
The kids at school loved watching thwm hatch today also.
Glad you enjoyed. Someone on her Introduced me to the live streaming. I love it because I can keep an eye on things when I am not home. And it keeps me fro. Running to the incubator I can put it on the TV and watch.

Locked down around 6:30. I candled before lockdown and 5 out of 6 eggs show shadowing. I started with ten eggs; two we're not fertile and there was one quitter. This is only my second time hatching and the first time only 3 out of 9 hatched. One of those had problems and died after a few days. They were all wiggling and looking good at lockdown so I am terribly nervous for this hatch. I just hope I didn't do anything to screw things up again! 😬
IMG_20220414_183642256.jpg
IMG_20220414_183950947.jpg

Put 64 quail eggs into lockdown 2 days ago and it looks like they're all set to hatch tomorrow! Lots of shaking and tapping going on. But my broody button quail's chicks hatched today - not sure if there's 3 or 4 because both parents were sitting on them! It's going to be a brooder full of chickies soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom