13th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last remaining naked neck bantam egg has pipped externally and has been peeping!!
eek run in circles.gif
🙏 :fl :jumpy :pop

Sometimes I have noticed with my experiences that the humidity and temp go hand and hand and often the temp reading is lower when the humidity is higher. Are there vents you can open to help with the humidity
I have the Janoel 12 and there's only one little vent hole on the top and it's open. The humidity has now dropped to around 61% so I'm just going to leave it be for now. I hear some chirping! Also, I think I figured out why my temp dropped. I've had it wrapped in a towel for the whole first 18 days. My son just told me the towel was not on it when he went down this morning. I had just assumed he took it off when he first went down. Anyways, now that it is wrapped back up, the temp is climbing back up! Now I just have to make sure it doesn't go up too high since I adjusted the temp on the incubator a lot. 😑

My jumbo coturnix eggs are officially on lockdown. I have no idea if anything is happening because I tried to candle them and couldn’t see anything through the spotty dark shells. It will be a surprise!
I’ve stopped trying to candle Coturnix eggs. Even the light celadon have been impossible for me

I have 2 pips! A day early!!

Attachments

• 21CEA7ED-0508-4264-B796-A63978B215AD.jpeg
    21CEA7ED-0508-4264-B796-A63978B215AD.jpeg
    355.1 KB · Views: 1
  • FB96A23E-DAB7-427F-BCE5-930B03143900.jpeg
    FB96A23E-DAB7-427F-BCE5-930B03143900.jpeg
    309.7 KB · Views: 1
Keep an eye on it. It may have to have assistance hatching. But some do hatch with out assistance. If you haven't done an assisted hatch and are unsure there is a article about it. I can find that link if u want it
Ok. Thanks. I’m pretty sure I know what article you’re talking about.
SIT ON YOUR HANDS MAM! 😆 😘
I already answered in the other thread but just in case you see this first. NO TOUCHY! lol

When you see a pip at the opposite end of the egg it's easy to get concerned and feel like they're taking too long to hatch because they actually ARE taking longer to hatch from external pip to zip.

Normally a chick will pip internally prior to making the external pip, but when your chick pips in the opposite end of the egg it's making both the internal and external pip in one go. So it's literally taking twice as long for that chick to hatch but it needs this time to absorb the yolk and blood vessels prior to hatching.

They rarely need any assistance hatching. It is considered a malposition but now that you see the external pip the hardest part for this chick is passed.
Ok! Thanks. I’m gone most of the day... maybe that will help me not worrry excessively. Or I might worry more... who know.

Also, another has pipped! This is one of the silkie eggs. And luckily in the air cell.

I’ve stopped trying to candle Coturnix eggs. Even the light celadon have been impossible for me

I have 2 pips! A day early!!
Exciting! I have very little experience with quail. I hatched a batch of button quail a few years ago but didn’t enjoy them. I’m trying again with these guys because I wanted to join the Easter hatch along. I just hatched a batch of fawn and white runner ducks last month and then read about the hatch along. 🙄 So trying with these quail. I’ve had chickens forever and ducks the last five years and am now ready to give these guys a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom