13th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the rest of the eggs look ok even though they haven’t pipped yet?
I came home to one more pip in the olive egger eggs so that’s two for my F2 gen. I have a hard time seeing into them but I removed one a few days before lockdown that looked to be infertile/no development. The rest had good veining near the air cell, a solid mass further down, and no obvious blood rings, so I left them in.

I Love Lucy Waiting GIF by Paramount+

I have the Janoel 12 and there's only one little vent hole on the top and it's open. The humidity has now dropped to around 61% so I'm just going to leave it be for now. I hear some chirping! Also, I think I figured out why my temp dropped. I've had it wrapped in a towel for the whole first 18 days. My son just told me the towel was not on it when he went down this morning. I had just assumed he took it off when he first went down. Anyways, now that it is wrapped back up, the temp is climbing back up! Now I just have to make sure it doesn't go up too high since I adjusted the temp on the incubator a lot. 😑
Just make sure your towel leaves the vent hole open. Those chicks need lots of air during the hatch! Good luck!

Exciting! I have very little experience with quail. I hatched a batch of button quail a few years ago but didn’t enjoy them. I’m trying again with these guys because I wanted to join the Easter hatch along. I just hatched a batch of fawn and white runner ducks last month and then read about the hatch along. 🙄 So trying with these quail. I’ve had chickens forever and ducks the last five years and am now ready to give these guys a go.
I just started with quail too mine are 4, 3 & 1.5 weeks 😂 I kinda got addicted this is my first chicken hatch since Feb bc I started hatching quail 😂

First chicks is out! & the EE is zipping

Attachments

• CFBBB920-2941-4BFB-88DE-F32CFBF56D44.jpeg
    CFBBB920-2941-4BFB-88DE-F32CFBF56D44.jpeg
    348.8 KB · Views: 1
Well my hatch is finished. It was a weird on for sure. After checking the ones that hadn't piped yet non were moving. I had 4 or 5 who had completely absorbed the yolk and internally piped and didn't external pip.pips.. never had that.

I had one who had busted its yolk sack. Another had a big blood clot looking thing near the umbilical area.

A few still had alot of fluid inside the membrane. Not sure why

Learn something new each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom