13th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Babies go into lockdown tonight. (Yeah, I'm late, by like a week in at least one case.) I'll be hatching through Wednesday & Friday, and then my last batch goes into lockdown on Saturday. And then...eggs come again in a week. I have a space problem.

I neeeed help what to do with late hatched weak and lethargic chicks. Its been 12hours since they hatched and they are just weak and laying...
So i was right when i candling them on day 18. Am done.
10 healthY chicks
And 5 very weak and lethargic chicks.
So 15.
I dont know Will they survive .. 10 hatched on day 21 and rest 5 hatched on day 23/4..
What can i do to Save them? I keep them separate from other 10.

Attachments

• received_668656381032743.jpeg
    received_668656381032743.jpeg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1
I neeeed help what to do with late hatched weak and lethargic chicks. Its been 12hours since they hatched and they are just weak and laying...
10 healthY chicks
So 15.
I dont know Will they survive .. 10 hatched on day 21 and rest 5 hatched on day 23/4..
Are they in a brooder? I would offer electrolyte water if you aren’t already.

They may just be really sleepy, too.

10 healthY chicks
So 15.
How long has it been since the weak chicks hatched?

If they are warm enough, plain yogurt and scrambled eggs help sometimes as well as electrolytes.

Are they in a brooder? I would offer electrolyte water if you aren’t already.

They may just be really sleepy, too.
Yes they are in brooder have lamp on them , but they are in other corner beacuse broodrer od close to fire place so its to warm under the lamp. They were swollen when they hatched and look Like blown out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom