Ended 14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along—Cutest Baby Fowl Photo Contest—Win a Brinsea Incubator!

Pics
AEACF6AE-F95C-46BD-89B5-BD3AD8328013.jpeg

I pick up my chicks April 24th, the day AFTER the contest ends. Oh well! I'm gonna share some pics of my chicks from last September, just for fun. :)

*NOT an entry*
Jersey Giant and Salmon Faverolles. They are inseparable, even today. They are a little over 6 months old now and the JG just started laying eggs. Just wanted to share some cuteness with you all.
signal-2023-03-16-09-55-26-193.jpg
signal-2023-03-16-09-56-32-796.jpg
signal-2023-03-16-09-55-55-063.jpg
signal-2023-03-16-09-58-56-477.jpg

Rules:
  1. An entry is *one* picture of your domestic baby fowl.
  2. A member can have up four entries (only one entry per post, please).
  3. All domestic baby fowl allowed (chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, peafowl, guinea fowl, quail, pheasants, emu, etc.).
  4. Baby fowl must be less than one-month-old
  5. Other fowl and animals may be in the photo, but the star(s) of the photo must be the baby fowl.
  6. Images that have been resized might be disqualified if they are too small to judge.
  7. No screenshots, watermarks, date stamps, text, etc., on the picture. No collages.
  8. The picture needs to have been taken by you.
  9. You cannot use a photo that won an award in another BYC-sponsored contest.
  10. High-quality images are recommended. Basic editing, such as cropping and other subtle changes, are allowed.
  11. ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  12. Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  13. Open to all BYC members.
  14. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  15. Entries will be accepted through April 23rd, 2023, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.

This contest doesn't have the "No people" stipulation like the hatching bird contest so I'm going to enter Saran here.

He was severely shrink-wrapped with dried membrane firmly stuck to his down and hatched into my hand the moment I'd gotten it loose. I didn't have time to put him back into the incubator.

img_20230315_205509476-jpg.3432872

Of course the fluffs are adorable, but to me it doesn't get much cuter than a hatchling halfway into the world.

This contest doesn't have the "No people" stipulation like the hatching bird contest so I'm going to enter Saran here.

He was severely shrink-wrapped with dried membrane firmly stuck to his down and hatched into my hand the moment I'd gotten it loose. I didn't have time to put him back into the incubator.

img_20230315_205509476-jpg.3432872

Of course the fluffs are adorable, but to me it doesn't get much cuter than a hatchling halfway into the world.
Looks like he's already been practicing his stink eye too. So adorable.

Looks like he's already been practicing his stink eye too. So adorable.

I think that was a desperate, "GET ME OUT OF HERE!"

The poor thing was so firmly stuck to the membrane that he could never have finished the zip. I had to soak the membrane with a wet paper towel to get it loose.

Back
Top Bottom