14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other egg is pipped!
20230409_065348.jpg

Laying in bed, trying to shut out the noise from the cockerels, when I here some sudden frantic chirping!

Didn't take long for me to get out of bed after that, lol!

20230409_085242.jpg

The wrong-ender still hadn't hatched on his own, so he got an emergency assist as he was weak and not moving or chirping much at all anymore. Keeping my fingers crossed that Ponyboy makes it.

(temp was low because I had just put Pony back in with his sibling)

Didn't take a super close look, but there are more pipped eggs in there, too.

Laying in bed, trying to shut out the noise from the cockerels, when I here some sudden frantic chirping!

Didn't take long for me to get out of bed after that, lol!

View attachment 3461102

The wrong-ender still hadn't hatched on his own, so he got an emergency assist as he was weak and not moving or chirping much at all anymore. Keeping my fingers crossed that Ponyboy makes it.

(temp was low because I had just put Pony back in with his sibling)

Didn't take a super close look, but there are more pipped eggs in there, too.
Congratulations! And, good job on the assistance!

All through hatching! Started with 7 eggs, 5 made it to lockdown but only 4 hatched. So now I've got 4 unique little barnyard mix cuties from 3 different colored eggs (2 dark brown, one pale blue, one light olive). I caught two of them hatching, but I don't know which color egg each of the two chipmunks came from, dark brown or olive. Can't hardly wait to watch these four babies grow up! Blondie has some serious face fluff so I might get a cute muff.

Happy Easter Everyone!!!

20230408_154725.jpg
20230408_185340.jpg
20230408_185458.jpg

All through hatching! Started with 7 eggs, 5 made it to lockdown but only 4 hatched. So now I've got 4 unique little barnyard mix cuties from 3 different colored eggs (2 dark brown, one pale blue, one light olive). I caught two of them hatching, but I don't know which color egg each of the two chipmunks came from, dark brown or olive. Can't hardly wait to watch these four babies grow up! Blondie has some serious face fluff so I might get a cute muff.

Happy Easter Everyone!!!

View attachment 3461112View attachment 3461114View attachment 3461116
I love byms they are all unique! Yours are so cute.

7 chickies out, checked the three eggs this morning, two quit (one had absorbed the yolk and was positioned head between legs, so close! ), the other looks to have quit a day or so ago, I could see the yolk unabsorbed.
BUT Jumbotron is still alive and well, pipped internally, and peeping. I'd made a bit of an access hole to make sure not shrink wrapped, and I covered it with a coconut oil soaked kleenex. I think this one is late because of Musical Broodies.
I hope it hatches today earlier rather than later because I work tomorrow, and I'd like to get the little poopers to their Momma today.

I think I got a splash polish/isbar, soooo pretty! and I got a lot of "I Am The Darkness"es. :D

Attachments

• IMG_8315.JPG
    IMG_8315.JPG
    449.5 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom