15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Pics
Despite having a power outage last night and having to move the incubators twice to keep them warm, got an early Barnevelder baby this afternoon :wee
20240329_182859.jpg

I'm making EE's that are crested and bearded. Ameraucana over Spitzhauben and Spitzhauben over Ameraucana. Eventually going to add long tails. Not sure about adding feathered feet.
That sounds like a good mix! Adding a long tail is a really good idea! You could use some Phoenix or Yokohama.
But if I were to be breeding chickens to suit the environment here, they probably shouldn't have long tails or feathered feet due to the mud. I guess I can just keep them in a coop for most of the time...
And mites are normally worse and caught more on chickens with feathered feet.
But that cross sounds like a great mix. You'll have to share some pictures!:D

View attachment 3785056 Meet Q.T.Pie. :D Her line is: Roo: EE Bantam hen x Cochin Bantam Roo, crossed with: Hen: Buff laced polish Roo x Black Tailed Buff Japanese Bantam
D'Uccles are awesome, both roosters I'd had were very sweet, and so very cute. :) The hen I had was kind of crazy, named her Sugar Spaz.
:eek: She's beautiful!! What a lovely bird! I love her light buff color tone with hints of white.
:lau *Sugar Spaz*. I like it!

That sounds like a good mix! Adding a long tail is a really good idea! You could use some Phoenix or Yokohama.
But if I were to be breeding chickens to suit the environment here, they probably shouldn't have long tails or feathered feet due to the mud. I guess I can just keep them in a coop for most of the time...
And mites are normally worse and caught more on chickens with feathered feet.
But that cross sounds like a great mix. You'll have to share some pictures!:D
I have the Phoenix already.😁

Back
Top Bottom