18 Silkie Eggs - Catdance Silkies

Thank you!!! Hoping for a good hatch! I REALLY want... scratch that... need, more Silkies. lol...
Ok....I broke down and ordered more too.My last hact is a month old and getting ready to go to the grow out barn.Just got to have peeps to see every morning when I wake up :) My guest bedroom has become the nursery
jumpy.gif
....lol guest arn't invited anymore
lau.gif

Ok....I broke down and ordered more too.My last hact is a month old and getting ready to go to the grow out barn.Just got to have peeps to see every morning when I wake up :) My guest bedroom has become the nursery
jumpy.gif
....lol guest arn't invited anymore
lau.gif
Ha ha ha!!! My room has a cabinet incubator, cabinet hatcher, shipping boxes, and a small brooder in it. So, I get that. lol...

I just saw pictures in your profile of the Silkie hatch. I really want to see what that black one with the white topknot looks like! So cute! Do you know what pen that one came from?

Ha ha ha!!! My room has a cabinet incubator, cabinet hatcher, shipping boxes, and a small brooder in it. So, I get that. lol...

I just saw pictures in your profile of the Silkie hatch. I really want to see what that black one with the white topknot looks like! So cute! Do you know what pen that one came from?
it was a blue here she was at 2 months...she is now 3 and lightening up but still a dark blue ,egg said b/s for blue,splash.filling out nicely

it was a blue here she was at 2 months...she is now 3 and lightening up but still a dark blue ,egg said b/s for blue,splash.filling out nicely
Hello Brook!
I hatched 6 Catdance Silkies in the middle of September. They are 2 months old this week.

This is my Lavender and I am loving it's coloring.

Sorry this is sideways but this one was marked PA and came out looking like a Partridge to me.

This one was marked B/S. I loved how it looked like it was wearing a vest!

Group shot. You can clearly see the color difference between the Pocelain and the Lavender. There is the Buff one too.

This one is the Black. It had white feathers on it's toes and under it's chin but those are all gone.

Here is a shot of the B/S from the front.

SO HERE ARE THE MOST RECENT PICS OF THEM NOW ~ TEENS!

The one in front is the Porcelain, standing is the Lavender, back of Partridge, standing Black, then back of Buff

Porcelain, Partridge, Black, and Buff

I say Partridge because of it's color markings as a chick. I named it Tonto because it looked southwestern to me, haha. Now it has NO brown, orange, red in it's coloring at all. It has taken on a black head with really silvery hackles and the other feathers tipped in silver. I saw were it was listed that an egg marked PA = Paint. But it doesn't look like a paint. So, is it a Silver Partridge? What is it? I love it whatever it is, haha. I can't wait for them to grow out more especially the Lavender one. As it has gotten bigger I just love it's color. I watch it glide across the backyard and can't believe how captivating it is to me.

I was happy with the fact that I got one of each of those colors. I also got some with vaulted skulls and some with out. It will be interesting to watch their crest grow and see if the vaulted's have better crests than the non-vaulted's. Anyway, I thought I would share mine with you as ours are probably related...
Cindy

Ok, so I have some of the colors marked on my eggs figured out but not others.
L = Lavender
P = Porcelain
Blk = Black
W = White
Pa = ?
BM or BU = ?
Anybody know?

My guess would be Pa=Partridge and BU=buff.

P= paint
pa= partridge
she puts POR when it is porcelain.....I have gotten porcelain from her 2 times...i love hers :) they are the most stunning
I thought I would jump in here and share my 6 chicks from Karen. I had one marked PA and did believe that meant Partridge but then someone said they thought it was for Paint. My eggs were marked POR, L, BU, B/S, BLK, PA. Here is what hatched:

Vaulted Skull Lavender

Vaulted skull PA = Partridge I thought due to it's markings.

Backside of the chick from the egg marked B/S. Loved how it looked like it was wearing a vest.

This is the front side of the Chick from egg marked B/S

Group shot where you can clearing see the coloring difference between the Lavender and the Porcelain. Here you can also see my Buff Chick.

This one is my Black. It had white toes feathers along with a patch of white on it's neck.

So now they are close to 2 months old. The first one is my Porcelain, the standing is my Lavender, the back of my PA laying down, the Black standing, and the back of my Buff.

Again, the Porcelain, The PA, the Black, and the Buff

Sooo, the PA looks nothing like a Paint or a normal colored Partridge. Is this called a Silver Partridge because it's hackles are silver and it's feathers are tipped in silver? It is very striking and beautiful. Also, I am in LOVE with that Lavender. It just gets prettier and prettier. I watch it glide across the backyard and I am amazed. It has captured my HEART to say the least. So Brook, I think we maybe related now as mine were born the middle of September!

Agree :) Like this adorable buff I got from her :)

and ADORABLE!

yes, you have a silver partridge...I got one from my 1st Catdance hatch....I am now on my 3rd set this time 24. I hatch 12 8/3 ,in sept I hatched 9 lavender,white and porcelians.The ony thing I don't have from Karen is paint .I feel like Im missing out....lol....missing 1 color and to think when I first communicated with Karen I told her I wanted to stick to standard colors...lol So much for that,when she has such beautiful porcelians

yes, you have a silver partridge...I got one from my 1st Catdance hatch....I am now on my 3rd set this time 24. I hatch 12 8/3 ,in sept I hatched 9 lavender,white and porcelians.The ony thing I don't have from Karen is paint .I feel like Im missing out....lol....missing 1 color and to think when I first communicated with Karen I told her I wanted to stick to standard colors...lol So much for that,when she has such beautiful porcelians
Do you have a picture of your Silver Partridge? I would love to see it. So your oldest chickens are 3 1/2 months old right? How do you like the Lavender's? I don't have a paint or a splash but I want one of each, LOL. I am waiting for mine to grow up. I have some other silkies that were given to us as chicks, 2 white and 1 dark blue that are 6 1/2 months old now. I need to learn to be patient and work with what I have but babies are so enticing! So what colors did you get in your 3rd set of 24 eggs? Curious minds want to know, hahaha ~ Cindy

Sorry to jump in but I hatched 8/18 of my catdance eggs Im in love with the pocelians I also got beautiful lav splits that look to be partridge. Her birds are beautiful.
Here is one of the lav splits from her project pen

And some of my porcelians

Above is my only blue chick and the last is my lavender hen from a local breeder cant wait to cross her to have porcelians in her pen!

Back
Top Bottom