1951 Farm Master Incubator

Buckaroo

Songster
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Milton Florida
I have a chance to buy a none working sears 1951 farm master, its in good shape other than not working. Sure that I could get it working, but not sure how good they are. Anyone know about these? Would it be worth 100.00?

Thanks

I just sold one of these a few months ago. It was a Sears Super Hatcher, made around the early 50's. I believe it was a farm master also but that decal was missing. Anyway it worked pretty good. This one held around 400 eggs and to turn the eggs you would pull a lever out to roll the eggs, then push it back it roll them again. I set 400 eggs in it and my hatch rate was around 70%. Not to good but then again not to bad for an older incubator. It was a big heavy thing! I paid $150. for it and it worked. I sold it for the same amount. My only complaint was the temp varied a little, usually fluckuating 3 degrees or so. But it did hatch out chicks.

Did you get it?

A lady that buys eggs from me called and said that they purchased a used shed and it had a Farm Master incubator in it. She wanted to know if I wanted it...I said yes. So we are going to go pick it up sometime today. I don't know if it works but she said it looks like it is in good shape so we will see.

Mitzi

I just got a 1957 model 1200 egg farm master(were I got my user name) for 100$ and it works althought I am going to replace a few thing later on . the fan, motor, and wafer thermostat you can get at GQF If it 100 i grab it up

I just picked up a 400 egg model from my local craigslist and it came with the instruction sheet that includes the 400, 600, 1200, and 2100 egg models. Anyone needing/wanting a scanned copy of the instructions? PM me your email address and I'll get a copy on its way.
BTW how are you folks dating these? I sure don't see any dates on mine.
db

http://www.searsarchives.com/products/questions/yard/incubator.htm

Our
best resource for information on old products is the general merchandise catalog. We do not have any schematic drawings of your incubator, but we did find a catalog listing on page 1147 of the spring 1951 Chicago edition catalog.

Spring_1951_1147_96.jpg

Maybe if we are lucky someday someone who used to make these will read this and have a wiring schematic around, i know i could use one. Or maybe an electrician who owns one or knows someone who owns will be kind enough to make a wiring diagram from a working unit and publish it for us.

Last edited:
A LOT of us have them. Mine's circa 1900, but that Farm Master model is in general a "Leahy", who sold the same incubator under several different labels to different retail outlets. They can be excellent incubators, I got mine for 75.00 and love it to death. It has hugely reliable great hatch rates. I had to replace the fan this winter, gosh after 100 years... darn unreliable things LOL. I replaced it with the GQF model of the same thing. And am adding an additional electronic thermostat and some interior lighting this spring. I love mine. The old ones were exceedingly well built. Probably adding turners as well, not that I need to be hatching too many more eggs omg.

I would think it is definitely worth the $100 if you can get it going. I wish I could find one of these!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom