2014 New York Chickenstock

So the seed swap was CRAZY and I am inundated with seeds. Would anyone be interested in buying some started plants? I have watermelon, sweet peppers, purple sweet peppers,silvery fir tomatoes, cucumbers, pickling cucumbers, mini pumpkins, big pumpkins, white pumpkins, dill, summer squash, cantaloupe...the list goes on. I would be selling them for probably $3 a plant. Many of these are organic and I'm starting them in organic soil so they will truly be organic. I can also bring started black oil sunflowers if anyone wants to grow some for seeds for their chickens.

I am sure many of your plants would be scooped up by many in this group!!

So the seed swap was CRAZY and I am inundated with seeds. Would anyone be interested in buying some started plants? I have watermelon, sweet peppers, purple sweet peppers,silvery fir tomatoes, cucumbers, pickling cucumbers, mini pumpkins, big pumpkins, white pumpkins, dill, summer squash, cantaloupe...the list goes on. I would be selling them for probably $3 a plant. Many of these are organic and I'm starting them in organic soil so they will truly be organic. I can also bring started black oil sunflowers if anyone wants to grow some for seeds for their chickens.

I am sure many of your plants would be scooped up by many in this group!!

Well, maybe I'll start a ton then and bring them along. If they don't sell I can always try to sell them locally!

My daughter has a mice flock of pure Wheaten / blue wheaten Ameraucanas. I also have a few black Am eggs in the bator right now.
I have black EE's and a roo very much like his Amer Lav father. I'd like something different in color other than black. I'm really just keeping a cross flock of colored egg layers. I figure an Amer hen would give me some blue in the line and future offspring would lay anything from green, green/blue to blue. I also have a Lav Auraucana roo in the mix too.

My young black with green sheen is with a Sussex and a SLW hen too. I hope to get larger colored eggs.

Really looking forward to meeting everyone.  I dont see anything vege related yet on the menu so I will bring salad and a plate of raw veggies with humus.  

I'll bring some ranch dip/dressing to go with it, little girl loves veggies with ranch.
I'll bring the ketchup and mustard too to go with the relish and pickles.

YAY!!!
wee.gif
The sap has been running for about 4 days now. Evaporator is set up for a test boil. Temporary sugar shack is ready to go.

When this cold snap is over we shall be ready to rock and roll!!! Bring on the sweet yummy goodness!!
celebrate.gif

Tab i want another 2-3 pullets or a dozen cuckoo hatching eggs at or before picnic.

I"m going to be ordering bbs hatching eggs soon rancher i want the blues and blackes any splash i'll sell to ya if you want.

Tab i want another 2-3 pullets or a dozen cuckoo hatching eggs at or before picnic.

I"m going to be ordering bbs hatching eggs soon rancher i want the blues and blackes any splash i'll sell to ya if you want.

What breeds are you referring to? I may still be still be looking for some splash silkies at that point in time.

I'm going to have holland lop babies available for that weekend too. ;-)

Sorry lynzii going to be ameraucanas. Going to stick with buff silkies for now. But i may have some roos of those by then not sure. No offence but you can keep the rabbits i want to get rid of the two we have now. No one holds them so they kick like crazy makeing the kids hold them even less. We have lion heads.

Back
Top Bottom