2015 CHICK DAYS!!

I felt the same way. I asked one of the employees and he said that he was sure some of the ones in the pullers bin were RIRs. The others he wasn't sure. I googled and I'm pretty sure the ones I got and the ones the employee said were RIRs are really RIRs. Guess time will tell. My other two are the ones they were unsure of, and between a Google search and personal opinions they are either Brown leghorns (what I thought based on pictures from Google) and personal opinions were they were speckled sussex's. Personally I'm hoping for speckled sussex's as I really wanted some! But like you, I'll be happy with whatever they are. I l'm really enjoying them even now (I've had them since last Thursday), and as long as I get eggs I'll be happy!

How old do you think they are in this pictures, Because I bought 6 from Rural King they was 1.99 for the pullets and 1.39 for straight Run which has mail in rebate up to ten. We had the straight run sex by the wings before buying them so they all should be girls, We got 6 chicks on Sunday 2 Rhode Island Reds Spright run, 2 Silver Laced Wyandotte pullet, 1 Black Jersey Giant straight run, and 1 Ameraucana ,pullet. My question is some of my chicks wing looks like yours in the picture and when we got them they didn’t. So that’s why I was asking age.

Howdy all,
I just got 6 pullets from Tractor supply in Lockport NY. This is my first time with chickens [ this site is awesome by the way ] 1 guy thought they were red sex links and another guy thought there was a couple different kinds in there. is this normal service for TS ? They all looked the same to me,or do ALL baby chicks look alike ? thanx to all

Mine in Erie, PA has been getting birds in but not their usual good selection. They have straight run, mallards and some bantams. I so hope they get some pullets in and some Jersey Giants like they had last year, I want a giant so badly!!

I apologize , i should have read more. this seems to be a popular question

No problem. Remember, TSC is no different than any other retail store. Would you really go to Walmart and expect their employees to know everything about their seasonal products? Or go to Women's Wear and ask an employee about the goldfish that they have? In fact, TSC employees are actually more informed since MOST of the time, the people who apply are country folk who enjoy blending their love of the outside with their need for a retail job. At least that has been my experience. And the good thing about going is that even if you have the relatively new employee helping you, there are almost always knowledgeable customers who will jump in to answer a question when they hear it.

As for your question of what you have, if you got the pullets from a bin marked pullets, the chances are very likely that they are indeed sex-links. Otherwise, they tend to have bins marked mixed breeds and IF the hatchery gave them a list of what those mixed breeds are then it will be listed on the sign. Just know that a lot of hatcheries don't list them so yes, the TSC employees will be clueless since they have no point of reference unless they are experienced with chickens from their own personal lives. If you only want certain breeds, it is really up to the customer to do their research and know what they are looking for when they go and get their chicks.

Mine in Erie, PA has been getting birds in but not their usual good selection. They have straight run, mallards and some bantams. I so hope they get some pullets in and some Jersey Giants like they had last year, I want a giant so badly!!

I just drove to Tsc at the downs last Tuesday and bought some GL Wyndottes,and 5 generic yellow pullets. they are by far the most healthy chicks in my brooder! So much that I called back and asked what hatchery is shipping them chicks (TownLine Hatchery)

I find that most Tsc will get shippments on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, you could try calling around the area, like I said I drove up from Oil City after trying to find something I wanted. Right now Tsc Cranberry has RIR st. DUCKS! bantams, and the genric yellow pullet.

Just finished gettin all my chicks from our feed store. Got RIR,Buff Orp, Barred Rocks, NH, Araucanas, Jersey Giants, Silver Lace Wyandotte, Golden Lace Wyandotte, Light Brahma, Buff Brahma, White Silkie Bantam, and Golden Seabrights.

Back
Top Bottom