2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL

He's cute! I've recorded my husband and the Frenchies many sleepless nights, lol. Frenchies are also know for 'passing gas'
ep.gif

I have some many videos, I have a picture of my husband using him as a pillow. He is very gassy also.. he will fart then run from it
sickbyc.gif

I love him!!! This was the breed I was going to get and then I chose my first SPRINGER!!!!! I was going to name my pup tux of course lol he is gorgeous too isnt he!!! I am sure my dad could outsnore him
lau.gif
smile.png
he's my oldest baby.. he's 9 now. will be 10 in June.

LL

I've always loved this breed. Tried bringing an older one to foster once, but my Schnoodle would have nothing to do with it..darn it. :/ Our dogs and the foster have to get along. Of course. :)

They are very good dogs, he is super good with all my birds. I let him come in all the pens with me.

I don't doubt you are right!! Doing things wrong seems to be the one thing I can always do right!
lau.gif
You & me both! I have excelled at perfecting wrongness so well that it's come full circle
gig.gif

I'm a horrible aweful person! I just dropped the flash light on an egg and cracked it open it had a beautiful baby chick in it and now it's lost because I couldn't leave things alone. No more itchy fingers here I'm not opening the incubator again until thursday, the day after hatch.
hugs.gif
Oh noes! I'm so sorry honey! You're not awful at all, don't be silly! It was just an accident that happens sweetheart. You didn't mean it at all.
Now I gotta run, I have chores to get done today and chicks to move to the brooder!

LISTEN TO ME!!! YOUR NOT HELPING THOSE CHICKS by opening the bator during lockdown unless you need to add humidity!

YOUR NOT HELPING THOSE CHICKS BY PICKING THOSE PIPS! YOUR HURTING YOUR CHICKS!!!

THEY DON'T NEED YOUR HELP!!

DINOSAURS HAVE GOTTEN OUT OF EGGS WITHOUT YOUR ASSISTANCE GOD knows how many years ago,

THESE descendant little CHICKS CAN get out TOO!

THESE CHICKS needed your help the first 18 days, NOT THE LAST 2-3 days !!!!

LET THEM ALONE!! LET THEM ALONE!! LET THEM ALONE!!

DON'T PICK THE PIPS! DON'T PICK THE PIPS!

IF the chick got as far as to have pipped the shell,
99% of the time it will get out of that shell!

DON'T PICK THE PIPS

That's my words of wisdom for the day......
big_smile.png

Sooo, what you're saying is I can't get chicks faster doing this?

No way I heard chirping in the bator this morning. Yep. My DH just so happened to be standing in the door way talking to me, when all of a sudden I say...No Way! He says, I heard peeping. Yesterday they went into lock down. No pip, so internally pipped. I will have to talk to my friend and see if her eggs hatch early. My temps were up for a while in the last week, that could do it I suppose. :p
YAYness!!!!
ya.gif
EARLY BIRDS!!
wee.gif

So, to get early hatches you turn up the heat! If it takes 20 days at 100 degrees, then I just have to crank it up to 200 degrees to get chicks at 10 days! Got it! It's like cooking a turkey fast!
big_smile.png

Sooo, what you're saying is I can't get chicks faster doing this? [COLOR=FF0000]YAYness!!!! [/COLOR] :ya EARLY BIRDS!!:weee So, to get early hatches you turn up the heat! If it takes 20 days at 100 degrees, then I just have to crank it up to 200 degrees to get chicks at 10 days! Got it! It's like cooking a turkey fast!:D [/quote] Oh gawd, hahaha!

I don't really have to worry about humidity with a broody? I could try feeding her peppers so she gets sweaty but otherwise it doesn't seem like there's much to do haha
I do make sure she has a heat lamp when the temperature drops outside.

If peppers don't work she could probably work up a good sweat this way and work off that extra egg weight! She'll thank you when the roo looks at her in that way again
wink.png

Here is one of my favorite Serama hens in HER flower pot.

And as long as we're sharing dogs...

This is Daisy really wanting the rat that I trapped.....

The Dobermans took one look at the rat, thought it was kinda cool, then walked away. By the way, the Dobes have been perfect livestock guardians. They even know to chase away hawks but never bother any of my birds. I have a lot of pens with birds but also a front yard full of call ducks and silkies and all those odds and ends that I don't have a pen for....So the dogs are right in with a lot of birds, both outside and in the house. Daisy is good with the birds, but will kill mice. She's kind of bossy with the birds though. She thinks they are all hers....
SO freakin' adorable! I love dachshunds! I have a 10 year old mini rat terrier/dachshund mix that loves to bark at any rats or squirrels outside but in the house he couldn't care less about all the fuzzy, feathery & fluffy things momma feeds. They are funny little dogs!
Well, since we are sharing pictures of our dogs...
smile.png

This is my Puppy Ace!
He is a German Shorthaired Pointer. We adopted him from the pound when he was about 6 months old. Someone had dumped in the desert south of Phoenix. We were immediately contacted by a local GSP rescue and had to wait the 3 days to see if he was claimed. I checked Craigslist and local sites everyday to see if someone was looking for him. Nobody was. I would've felt horrible adopting someone's loved pet. He's the best dog! He went to hunting school and is incredibly well behaved.

Last night he pointed at my incubator. Lol! I told him to leave it and went right to bed. I'll have to watch him with the ducks, but he knows the difference between my lizards and the lizards outside so I think he will understand that these are my ducks not his. There Is also a fenced run and house just for the ducks.

He is adorable!!
love.gif

lol.png
My basset lets me know if the little chicks or tiny foster pups/kits in my house are making a peep. She thinks they are all hers
smile.png

I'm afraid I might have gotten the dog share going, sorry for those who aren't impressed but I think we all love animals or we wouldn't be here, right?
hide.gif

These are my indoor brats. They are both from rescues.

Jolie

Red

AWWS! So cutes!
love.gif
There is a lady that has these in the animal assisted therapy group I work with & they are like little clowns!

Well.....I couldn't help it...I threw a mystery egg into the incubator!
My sneakiest of sneaky hens, my only spangled Hamburg, was found on a nest of 24 eggs! I scooped up all the eggs and candled them. ALL were rotten, some were not developing, and ONE, yes, ONE, had a chick in it! Probably slightly behind the Halloween eggs in age. So...I disinfected it and put it in.

hu.gif
I'm hopeless, simply hopeless. This is how my odd balls happen! This hen is in an oddball pen! In that pen are the Hamburg hen, three silkie hens, one silkie roo, and two Serama roos. The most likely possibility would be a pure silkie, but could be a cross of any of those others. Oh, also a trio of silver pheasants in there, as it is supposed to be their pen.
I like mutt dogs, do your oddballs come out looking pretty nifty sometimes if they're an unusual mix?

hugs.gif
I know...... its gonna stink when the thread ends

My boss is one of them that gave his to the group!!!! he was too busy for a pup he wanted so bad, too much to train a rambunctious pup, so after the cute stage out the door it went!!! I was furious!!!
Thank you. Me too
smile.png
It's funny how sometimes the little ones think they are the big dog and when a big dog thinks it can sit in your lap, lol.
Right? Among the 5, I have a 1.5 pounder & a 95+ pounder, guess who would rather curl up in my lap?
roll.png

Does it ever seem like everyone is laughing at you?
I've had this dream when you feel like you're falling? Poor baby
lol.png

Can you find the chicks?
Chick smugglers!

Man, she is just too adorable!
My turn for puppy pics :)

He doesn't do anything special. He is super lazy and can snore up something wicked..
He is doing something very special! He's sporting that tuxedo very well & looking very dapper! My chihuahua is a wicked snorer, I feel for ya
lau.gif

Don't pick the pips.
Pip was 9 hours ago. Chick still peeps.
Don't pick the pips.
I added a wet paper towel. My hygrometer says 60% but with incubator issues this little egg hasn't had much stability in temps or humidity.
Don't pick the pips.
I guess I'd be more patient if I hadn't already lost 20/24 eggs. Or if this lonely chick wasn't screaming half the day (begging his friend to come out and play.)

Sorry this has taken me so long to get back you. Here's a new pic of Goldie. Frizzle wouldn't sit still long enough for me to get a clear photo, but he does have feathers growing back down on his legs. He's such a big mess right now from his molt. I just started putting feather fixer in their feed in hopes it will help somewhat. He was so full and fluffy and beautiful in the Spring when we bought him.
LL
[/URL]
I think your are mistaken!!! we saw HER out the other night with our hens at the Saloon here in PA! SEE ... caught on the cam outside the saloon!
oh boy. Some one's in a big stinkin' trouble cuz that's not Goldie. Oh no! That's Frizzle our roo!! Bad Frizzle in drag!!

Today is day 18 with Seramas.I put them in lock down Yesterday Afternoon and last night there was rocking and moving in the lone egg. Hoping for a pip sometime today... haven't checked on it in half an hour plus... I guess i have to go look now...
I have a loner too that is going into lock down tomorrow. Maybe you should go check, just to see...maybe talk it into coming out for a photo shoot!

Look! The first egg to pip is Sally! Ha... The pip is just above the O ..above that line.
ya.gif
W00T!!!
celebrate.gif

I have some many videos, I have a picture of my husband using him as a pillow. He is very gassy also.. he will fart then run from it
sickbyc.gif
Wait...the dog or the husband?
lau.gif

Don't pick the pips.
Pip was 9 hours ago. Chick still peeps.
Don't pick the pips.
I added a wet paper towel. My hygrometer says 60% but with incubator issues this little egg hasn't had much stability in temps or humidity.
Don't pick the pips.
I guess I'd be more patient if I hadn't already lost 20/24 eggs. Or if this lonely chick wasn't screaming half the day (begging his friend to come out and play.)
Come out baby so momma doesn't pick the pips!!
jumpy.gif

Mine are set to hatch this Saturday.

wee.gif
My silkie hatched 4 chicks today!
yippiechickie.gif
SWEET!!!
celebrate.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom