2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LL

Adorable.

Still no pips, or additional movement, if no external pips by Friday will candle in the evening. Thinking the incubator issue could have slowed them down a day or so. Humidity at about 60% should I try and get it higher?

Still no pips, or additional movement, if no external pips by Friday will candle in the evening. Thinking the incubator issue could have slowed them down a day or so. Humidity at about 60% should I try and get it higher?
if you're not opening the bator 60% should be ok. I added a wet paper towel for my egg because it seemed stuck. I'm not sure you'll need to. I hope your little ones pip and zip soon.
News: The Barnevelder hatched and I just moved it to the brooder. The contented chick sounds are so sweet. No more screaming. Until Halloween. Ha ha ha.

Lol, I think ayam cemanis look pretty good with feathers: But, I am working on a naked neck project with them too, because why not? So far I have one half ayam cemani naked neck cockerel. I'm probably going to put him in a breeding pen in the spring with some culls from my cemani flock and see what I get.
They do!! I just found out about them a couple of months ago & now I want one! I've been telling everyone about how wicked beautiful these guys look!:love I wish they came in banty sized:fl
They are a very cool looking bird, I won some eggs in the spring at a benefit auction, NONE hatched :(

this is where my meaties chicken necks and kept innard parts ended up after cooking for 2 days.... 1st time I made stock its wonderful rich and delish, I made a bag of flat noodles in a bit of water and just added a quart of stock and they devoured it! they asked for it the following day again! I dont think it will last until the spring batch is made again!
Yummy! Have to get the recipe from you. I'm doing meaties this spring.
We usually roast our meatiess, and make stock from our heritage birds.

Last edited:
if you're not opening the bator 60% should be ok. I added a wet paper towel for my egg because it seemed stuck. I'm not sure you'll need to. I hope your little ones pip and zip soon.
News: The Barnevelder hatched and I just moved it to the brooder. The contented chick sounds are so sweet. No more screaming. Until Halloween. Ha ha ha.

I am so happy he finally has a friend. Bet he misses those belly rubs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom