2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO freakin' adorable! I love dachshunds! I have a 10 year old mini rat terrier/dachshund mix that loves to bark at any rats or squirrels outside but in the house he couldn't care less about all the fuzzy, feathery & fluffy things momma feeds. They are funny little dogs!

I like mutt dogs, do your oddballs come out looking pretty nifty sometimes if they're an unusual mix?
Thanks! I had no idea how much personality Dachshunds have. I will always have one now.
love.gif
I have 5 dogs also.
big_smile.png

Actually, I only have one mutt chicken and that's the frizzle/Ameraucana that I posted awhile back. The oddballs that keep happening are birds that I don't have others of the same kind, like the Hamburg, or extra roos that I adore but get beat up if in the correct pen. A little crossbeak roo that follows me everywhere... A Serama roo that was raised with peacocks so he roams with them.....and on and on...The mystery egg will most likely be a pure silkie, second bet would be silkie/Serama. My most gorgeous mistakes were when a silkie roo bred a golden pheasant hen! Very cool, sterile birds, but they died at about a year old and I read that is common. I now have a Polish hen in the yard because I let my favorite silkie have an egg that she could keep after hatching lots of other stuff for me that she had to give to me. They are inseparable, so a Polish crossed with either that big frizzle cross guy or a silkie roo is possible when she starts laying....

That was probably TMI....

My family left on their road trip to PA this morning! I have the computer, shower....everything to myself! Except the kids left without carving pumpkins
hit.gif

Keep up the great posts!!!

The silkies are fun we got them off eBay with some bonus bantam eggs. They were my first hatch. And I got 6 silkies, one bantam barred cochin (now laying), and one self blue oegb who was an assisted hatch due to incubation problems and severe sticky chick. Stupid incubator manual.

I candled a day early for day 14. Out of 18 eggs, I had 9 clears and 2 blood rings. Only 7 left. I think the breeder has fertility issues, with so many clear. Oh well 7 is better than zero.

Hear are my pups!

On April 19th - I hatched my white Call duck, Winter, and my baby, Palmer, raised her. Winter imprinted on Palmer. And, Palmer immediately took to Winter as if she was her own. Winter lives inside with Palmer and my other two Yorkies, Palmer's daddy and momma. They are Winter's flock. Palmer and Winter have a very special relationship. I love my babies more than anything in the world! I am forever blessed! :love

Last edited:
On April 19th - I hatched my white Call duck, Winter, and my baby, Palmer, raised her. Winter imprinted on Palmer. And, Palmer immediately took to Winter as if she was her own. Winter lives inside with Palmer and my other two Yorkies, Palmer's daddy and momma. They are Winter's flock. Palmer and Winter have a very special relationship. I love my babies more than anything in the world! I am unbelievably blessed! :love

Great pics!

I have more news!!

Three pips. First pip, still the same.

Loving all of the dog photos and cat photos! That white one is very pretty. :)

I used to have a Yorky...here is with one of our hens..a series of photos for fun. He just wanted to play, but that BO..not so much!

I have a Dachshund now. His coloring is Pie Bald. Funny little lap hog.

And, we have a Schnoodle.. He's getting old. :/

And, our Golden R. that watches over our chickens. Actually, that Schnoodle does a pretty good job of that too! Chases off the neighbors cats. Oops, cats..we have no cats..but I like cats. Used to raise Persian cats. Back in the 80's. All dogs now. Love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom