2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be right back. Something went totally wrong.
ra roh relroy
duc.gif

:thumbsup
with that many in you should have plenty rock n rollin with pips....  
201eggs and your keeping the majority, I wish I had room to do that!
 BTW is this the type calico like a cat?

[COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]
calico_fur_by_onesmallsquare.jpg

Now I'll submit this then come back and edit it.

Calico as in:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/600281/the-aloha-chicken-project/2370#post_15841008

I'll try to explain it all if your interested, a littke later. Look through this thread and look at the pictures.

Last edited:
sweet! good for you! you should love the Brinsea! which one did you order? Of course you can join us! I think quite a few have eggs in the bator now so great for chatting, and I get to follow along with you too! and if you get your batch hatched, I know how addicting it is, if you forgot.... you will sure to have more eggs ready to fill it back up LOL! 

It's a Brinsea Octogon 20 advanced, just big enough to keep me occupied, without letting my "little" obsession get too out of control
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

After the styrofoam I wanted something a lot more reliable that would give me better hatch rates, here's hoping!
My favorites are wheaten Ameraucana's, just waiting on my local breeders birds to stop molting and then there will be some pretty blue eggs popped in the bator next!

Hi Scovy Momma! What colors Scovy do you have! I never had that breed, just ancona and silkie ducks.... my dad wants white scovy for meaties but I still cant find eggs local
Halloween ROCKS! its so fun to decorate and get the kids dressed up, we used to have adult parties too, but as we get older we dont do as much anymore!

I just have the one house duck, she's a fat French white. I can see why they are good for meaties, she's not even 3 months old yet & seems like she weighs over 15 + lbs!
ep.gif

She's a Fattie McFatpants!
lau.gif

I love going to the adult parties in costume! Never really grew out of dress up
lol.png

Last edited:
It's a Brinsea Octogon 20 advanced, just big enough to keep me occupied, without letting my "little" obsession get too out of control
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

After the styrofoam I wanted something a lot more reliable that would give me better hatch rates, here's hoping!
My favorites are wheaten Ameraucana's, just waiting on my local breeders birds to stop molting and then there will be some pretty blue eggs popped in the bator next!
Ha Ha Ha! too out of control! I am sure it will give you more stable temps and air flow for sure, now the humidity part is still in your hands!

They are gorgeous birds! We only have one Ameraucauna and she is a free loader but lav in color so hubs just has to keep her!

I just have the one house duck, she's a fat French white. I can see why they are good for meaties, she's not even 3 months old yet & seems like she weighs over 15 + lbs!
ep.gif

She's a Fattie McFatpants!
lau.gif

I love going to the adult parties in costume! Never really grew out of dress up
lol.png
Oh a spoiled house duck! you know my 1st boyfriends family had one in the house! she wore a diaper and lived in the tub, Thank goodness they had a shower too, I can imagine the argument between human and duck when its bath time! I love the name!

Oh a spoiled house duck! you know my 1st boyfriends family had one in the house! she wore a diaper and lived in the tub, Thank goodness they had a shower too, I can imagine the argument between human and duck when its bath time! I love the name!
Yep, she has a diaper & sleeps in her bin at night by my bed. She could get out but she knows that's for bed time. During the day if she's not laying around with the dogs & cat she's in her big cage in the dogs' room.
smile.png

Haha! Her name is Dandelion River but she's a fat butted bird.
gig.gif

WAIT !! thats not Fattie McFatpants in your prof pic! @Scovy Momma
Oh, nope, that was my dancing & singing late housie Muscovy Daisy. She was my first house duck & had a wonderful personality. I had her about 5 years. It killed me when she died. I just needed a duck in the house again & I got this baby at the end of June. NOTHING like darling Daisy but you can't expect to replace perfect pets
sad.png

This was my dear heart Daisy, laying on my biggest dog Vader:

Last edited:
well count me in folks

i only have 3 little guinea eggs in the great big sportsman as we are finished hatching (i thought ) till spring.

i was given a bonded pair & the female has provided me with 3 eggs so far

so i put them on the rack to see if i could get something out of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom