2015 "Shark Snipers" Annual Chickenstock get together!!! Mark your calendars!

Om so for those of you who were there at the end, I have picked up a incubator from TSC and have it plugged in now, waiting to see if it has the right temp, probably in the morning. And the Legbars did not like the trip home but have perked right up after I fed every one, them and my original 9, in the tub. I think they are getting along ok, just a few loud squeaks here and there, so I know they are sorting it all out ok.

For those that were not there at the end, people helped me with my Chicken math and now it is looking like I may have a crowded coop soon.

There should be warning labels on these gatherings
ep.gif

Really a great day all in all. Glad to have met some many great people, got such good information and advice. Thank You all.

Om so for those of you who were there at the end, I have picked up a incubator from TSC and have it plugged in now, waiting to see if it has the right temp, probably in the morning.  And the Legbars did not like the trip home but have perked right up after I fed every one, them and my original 9, in the tub.  I think they are getting along ok, just a few loud squeaks here and there, so I know they are sorting it all out ok.

For those that were not there at the end, people helped me with my Chicken math and now it is looking like I may have a crowded coop soon.

There should be warning labels on these gatherings :eek:

Really a great day all in all.  Glad to have met some many great people, got such good information and advice.  Thank You all.

Haha yes, warning labels! Didnt plan on leaving with any and left with 4 chicks and a hen lol

1f64c.png
It was me. Guilty of alleged enabling. Chickens are addictive and fun.

Yes big enabler teehee eggs are fit snuggly in the incu

Oh you can tee hee all you Baking! YOU are an enable .... proof is that I am on my way to your place to pick up a lovely blue Marans you got for me after I said no --- and notice how much I protest .....

"Can I come get it tomorrow?"

lau.gif

Sorry I missed it ! Still working on that job that held me back - I should be finished by end of day today.

Ok I looked in on my Flock in the bathtub this morning and it looks like the six 3 week old leghorns are ruling over the nine 4 week olds. the 4 week olds were all bunched up away from he heat lamp behind the waterer and feeder. They did not wan to move from there even when I went to replace the feeder and watered, which was strange. Usually they run away for he slightest reason. I think they may be afraid of the white ones. Guess the leghorns "sorted" it all out alright for everyone.
hide.gif

Still working on getting the incubator just right on the temp. I need to get some Marbles from somewhere as I hear that helps with the temp maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom