2015 "Shark Snipers" Annual Chickenstock get together!!! Mark your calendars!

Oh you can tee hee all you Baking!   YOU are an enable .... proof is that I am on my way to your place to pick up a lovely blue Marans you got for me after I said no ---   and notice how much I protest .....

"Can I come get it tomorrow?"

:lau

Sorry I missed it !  Still working on that job that held me back - I should be finished by end of day today.   

Yes but I did but him before you responded lol

He is all settled in and the two batches merged with not one issue ....

He is the only one with feathered feet ... so super easy to tell him apart.

Forgot to get the name of the lady I bought thebarred rock hen from , but this morning this sweet little addition answered my broody prayers :) she is currently sitting on the 6 eggsfrom chickenstock that wouldnt fit in my incu and 2 eggs she claimed this morning :)

All of my little ones are settled! The goslings have their own brooder and have settled right in, little cuties. They rode home on my lap since the brooder I brought for them was filled with chicks :rolleyes: The chicks all made the journey home fine and are settled too. I am in love with the cochins, they are so poofy and calm.

Baking, congrats! And a good thing too because we forgot to switch the CCL eggs into my egg carton to hatch, lol.

Still working on getting the incubator just right on the temp.  I need to get some Marbles from somewhere as I hear that helps with the temp maintenance.

I wrapped my styro incubator in a couple old towels this winter and found that helped. Just. Around the sides, don't cover the vent holes in top.

Still working on getting the incubator just right on the temp.  I need to get some Marbles from somewhere as I hear that helps with the temp maintenance.

A bottle of water and river rocks also work as a good heat sinks, so you can try that if you can't find marbles. And because we were talking about it, here's the thread for the other Chickenstock me and Baking were telling you about: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/948030/2015-new-york-chickenstock

Here's a quick picture I snapped of the sale cages and one of the raffle tables:

And my three sebbies on the way home. They were so well behaved :love

Pyxis, I only found "Gound Cover" rocks at homedepot so That is what I got. I figured that they would work just as well as marbles. :)

I also Took a photo of he sales table, LOL, guess we had he same idea there. And here is the start of the incubator this morning.

We shale see if this leads to me needing to build more coops or if I decide never to try incubation again due to heart break. Not sure which I hope for.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom