Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
UPDATE

For those of you in the 2015 UPA breeder directory you will probably be called by a UPA Board of Director. They will be asking you if you are coming to this convention, but also they will be asking if you would like to apply to become a UPA Board of Director (BOD).

Becoming a UPA BOD:
This is your chance to make a difference in the UPA! Right now I myself am under consideration for becoming a Board of Director. My main concern was something I read that when you are a BOD you must attend all conventions while you serve. I expressed that I was not sure if I would be able to do that, but to me it sounded like that isn't so much of a big deal. The Board of Directors have a meeting over the phone every 3 months I believe. At the convention they have meeting in person.

There are several open spots for being a UPA Board of Director so this may be a very good chance for you to get in.

Now, I know there is a rule that you have to be a UPA member for around a year before you can become a Board of Director. If you want to serve on the board but haven't been a member for a year or you haven't even become a member yet, I would still see if you can be considered. These positions do need to be filled.

If you think you can improve something in the UPA then get involved in this way. I myself see some areas that I could personally help improve. I don't know exactly how it all works yet, but if it is difficult getting approval of ideas from the board then so be it. I see potential in the UPA and for a while now I have been thinking about getting more involved and I am interested to see what the Board of Directors is like.

P.S. they are hoping to totally re-design the magazine.
smile.png

Can you make changes to the bylaws with out having a vote by the members to do so ? connerhills
Oops sorry Connerhills I thought I replied to you... I am not sure about that. I am not even sure if I will be on the BOD. They invited me to sit in on their meeting so maybe I will find out some good inner working stuff. I might ask someone your question when I am at the convention.

UPDATE
Don't forget that the convention is next week starting Thursday the 17th and lasting until Saturday the 19th.
  • For those of you wanting to know exactly what AugeredIn will be talking about at the convention, he will be talking about genetics.
    smile.png

• I am not sure if it is too late, but please do remember to book a room at the Sea Spray Condo if you have not already. You can also stay elsewhere, but I think it would be awfully fun to stay at the same condo as some of the other members. Don't forget to let them know that you are with the UPA to get a discount on your stay!

Packing List
So far it has been HOT here in Florida. Very hot. Check the forecast and be prepared for anything. Even traveling within Florida I always bring a light jacket. Sometimes right by the beach or the bay it will be cooler and there will be a nice breeze. Today on the bay there was a wonderful breeze and I think we are getting nice breezes over the water now.
Here are some things to bring:
  • Swimwear
  • Goggles
  • Towel(s)
  • Light jacket (you never know if it will be a particular windy day on the beach or if you will be inside a cold room).
  • Shorts
  • Shirts (remember it might be kinda hot)
  • jeans (just incase)
  • Camera & camera charger
  • flip flops
  • Comfy walking shoes

On Saturday we will be touring Morrison Springs. I have no idea if touring just means having a guide talk about it or if we get to actually go swimming in the spring. This summer I swam in my first spring. They are cold so if we do get to swim in the spring bring something warm to wear afterwards! The first time I got in a spring it took me forever to feel warm again and this was on a hot summer day! Here is a video I found on Youtube of Morrison Springs:
0.jpg

And of course as a re-fresher here is a video of Rocking B-A-B Ranch which is where we will be headed after the tour of Morrison Springs:
0.jpg

The poll on this topic says 3 people are coming. I know that one vote is from me, and I am guessing another is AugeredIn and the last might be Zaz. Remember, even non-members can come!
Keep watching this topic I will use it to show photos of the convention and talk about it.
smile.png

I hope you get the chance to get involved.. Take your membership directory with you as it has the copy of the bylaws... If the club cant follow the bylaws it does not need to be a club, it can be people that care about the same thing... Don't let it go to pot.. I think they are close to folding up now as they are way out of reach of following the bylaws . good luck George connerhills

Thanks! Luckily I already wrote down to take the Membership Directory with me. I have this year's copy with me on the table right now. I will be sure to read over the laws and get a little familiar with them.

If I do get to be involved I want to hear everyone's ideas.

Last edited:
Very good, If you get the time, read them over and over until you can associate one rule with the others that have a bearing on the decision being made. They will be some bad ones at this meeting. thanks George

Back
Top Bottom