2017 Groundhog Day Hatch-a-long!

I'd like to join since I am on day two of my unplanned, surprise hatch because I won an auction for self-blue silkie eggs that I couldn't resist bidding on, but really didn't think I would win! So, I'm glad I'm not the only one incubating in January. I set 22 eggs on Thursday,12 shipped self-blue silkies and 10 assorted eggs from my chickens (Salmon Faverolles, EE and silkie) then added one more silkie egg from my one silkie hen who's laying on Friday for a total of 23 eggs. Only one of the shipped eggs had a wobbly air cell, and they got here in two days with a still slightly warm heat pack in the box. So, I'm hoping for a good hatch!

I'd like to join since I am on day two of my unplanned, surprise hatch because I won an auction for self-blue silkie eggs that I couldn't resist bidding on, but really didn't think I would win! So, I'm glad I'm not the only one incubating in January. I set 22 eggs on Thursday,12 shipped self-blue silkies and 10 assorted eggs from my chickens (Salmon Faverolles, EE and silkie) then added one more silkie egg from my one silkie hen who's laying on Friday for a total of 23 eggs. Only one of the shipped eggs had a wobbly air cell, and they got here in two days with a still slightly warm heat pack in the box. So, I'm hoping for a good hatch! 

:frow Please post some pics when the Silkies hatch- Blue Silkies are my favourite

Wow, that's great! As @chickygirl7 said, post pics if they hatch! I love Silkies!

Oh sure! There will definitely be pictures! I have three blue Silkies now and have been trying to get some of the self-blue (lavender) color for quite a while. I also have several white, black, paint and one silver partridge Silkie. I only have one white Silkie (paired with a blue rooster) who's laying right now, and she layed an egg today that I am adding to the 'bator bringing the final number to 24. Like many others who have ordered shipped eggs, I've had good, bad and horrible luck hatching them, so we'll see....
fl.gif

frow.gif
congrats and welcome!!!
clap.gif

I do. I am just hatching show birds this month, next month I start hatching selling birds.

I have all three colors of legbars, Cream, crele, and white.

I have Polish, yokohama, Partridge Chanticler, Dominiques, Cuckoo Marans, Speckled Sussex and Toads hatching this month, IF the appletinis ever start laying I can hatch some of them. Stupid lazy birds!!!

I so love the hatching season, it is the best 8 months of the year!
what is an appletini besides a drink?

Set more eggs this am!! WISH ME FERTILITY PLEASE!!!!!!

Set Serama, Crele Orphingtons, Marans, OE Cuckoo MARANS, Icelandics and Tolbunt Polish

Have had issues with serama and polish fertility big time!!! ugggggg

fl.gif
digging one of my other bators when I get the Christmas tree down
fl.gif

hi sally!!

Back
Top Bottom