2023/2024 Emu Hatch-A-Long

The sookey home-team female and the male that has been following her around are beginning to look like a breeding-pair.

The odds aren't high; but if this pair chooses to mate and breed right here, we may get to observe it all. It would be only the third time in 15 years.

SE

Update on my two eggs 🥰

Attachments

• 872E33F5-A4D0-44D4-87CF-E5DF81D125DA.jpeg
    872E33F5-A4D0-44D4-87CF-E5DF81D125DA.jpeg
    546.2 KB · Views: 4
They hatched overnight sometime between Day 52 and 53.

Haha yes I know! I’m enjoying this while I can 😂
Wow... so you just woke up to two sweet babies. Great way to start a Saturday!

My 3 are 2 weeks now so they are spending their days outside with access to a heated coop and then I bring them in to sleep. Its in the mid 20's here overnight so even with heat I am not sure they would be warm enough. I would love to permanently move them outside.

My oldest eggs are 32 days in now so I did some whistling, and 10 is alive! B14 I'm pretty sure is too - it rolled instead of wiggling, but I didn't bump the table so I think it moved so hard it rolled itself, haha.

12 I think I saw move. 13 maybe a little too, but that's the one I'm most unsure of.

Oh, and I also set three more eggs today, two from a white/blonde pair, and one from blonde pairs.

My oldest eggs are 32 days in now so I did some whistling, and 10 is alive! B14 I'm pretty sure is too - it rolled instead of wiggling, but I didn't bump the table so I think it moved so hard it rolled itself, haha.

12 I think I saw move. 13 maybe a little too, but that's the one I'm most unsure of.

Oh, and I also set three more eggs today, two from a white/blonde pair, and one from blonde pairs.
Oh.... we should track how many minutes we spend watching for eggs to wiggle 🤣

So glad you are seeing wiggles. How many eggs do you have in now?

Oh.... we should track how many minutes we spend watching for eggs to wiggle 🤣

So glad you are seeing wiggles. How many eggs do you have in now?

13...and my friend Tom handed me a box of nine more yesterday :oops:

I'm trying to be good and not set them, and instead sell them for him. So...anyone want some eggs? Lol. They're from two unrelated pairs.

Back
Top Bottom