Ended 2024 Valentine's Day Contest Series—Wattle I Do Without You?

This chicken is Frida, we hatched her from her mother Usain (my favorite chicken) shes a close second, loves to be a lap chicken. When she hatched i thought she wasnt going to make it because she took a long time to stand up. I stayed up all night with her.. rubbing her body and in the morning, she was up and at em. her mother is Easter egger and her father is Lavender Orpington. She lays Pink Eggs.
IMG_3754.jpeg

This hen is called Leslie, her mother is Easter egger and her father is lavender Orpington she was the first egg to hatch from the incubator! She lays Green Eggs EVERY DAMN DAY! I swear i dont know how she does it but shes a real beautiful egg producer. Sometimes her eggs have purple spots! Oh PS the Hen behind Leslie is my mean chicken, thats Cara, shes always doing a photo bomb or just pecking for the heck of it.
IMG_4035.jpeg

Hello, thought I would share my two indoor chickens. Little Hen, is 3 years old, who is a brown bantam frizzle. Oreo who is my black orpongton, she is 5 years old now. They came to me when I was at my lowest. These beauties are my indoor chickens. They both wear decorative diapers, they have access to the whole house. Oreo will sit by me as I am cooking like our dogs waiting for scraps to fall and Little Hen will come to tell me its bed time on my side of the bed. Like you see here in the picture. They make me happy. I hope you enjoy these pictures. CC
20240207_192700[1].jpg
Oreo.jpg

cheeky chocky.jpg

This is my little cheeky! She has the sweetest and cutest personality! She LOVES snuggles and will always be following me around trying to jump in my lap! She is my "watch chicken" and will always alert me when any danger is near! She keeps me laughing at her clueless behavior and grateful each day for her adorable gestures of affection!❤️

IMG_1327.jpeg
This is Snow. After I got her, she would freak out and run away whenever she saw people. After spending hours of sitting inside the coop with her, she is now super loving! She will peck me none stop until I sit down to let her jump on my lap to cuddle. If I don’t return the hug that she gives me with her neck, she’ll peck me until I do! She is so sassy and loving at the same time 😂

This is a RANDOM Winner Contest...

Do you have a favorite bird? Maybe she's extra friendly and comes running when she sees you, or she's the biggest character in the flock. Maybe she was a rescue chicken, or you hatched her yourself! Tell us about your favorite bird!

Prizes-TBD

It's easy to enter, just reply to this thread with up to four pictures of your favorite domestic poultry, and you will be entered for a chance to win!

To increase your chances of winning, please read the rules before entering.
Rules:
  1. Four entries per member. One entry per post, please.
  2. An entry is one picture of your domestic poultry and a blurb about why they hold a special place in your heart.
  3. All domestic poultry is allowed (chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, peafowl, guinea fowl, quail, pheasants, pigeons, doves, etc.).
  4. The photo needs to have been taken by you.
  5. You cannot use a photo that won an award in another BYC-sponsored contest.
  6. High-quality images are recommended. Basic editing, such as cropping and other subtle changes, are allowed.
  7. ALL photos MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  8. Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  9. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  10. Entries will be accepted until February 16th, 2024, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Note: We will use a random number generator to select our winners for this Contest.

Photography tips from fellow BYC members:

This was Fluffy. I hatched her last Spring, and she was my favourite. She would always come running to me when I would go outside, let me pick her up and snuggle (for a short moment) and was the friendliest chicken I've ever met. She was my pride and joy and I loved her to bits.

One evening, when I was putting them all to bed, I found her acting listless. I brought her inside and set her up nice and warm. She died later that evening. I never thought I could love a chicken so much, but this event completely broke me. I even left BYC for a bit because I was so depressed over it.

I never managed to get any really good pictures of her, since she'd never sit still, but I think this one shows her perfectly. Her friendliness and inquisitiveness are missed every single day.

1707497422654.jpeg

RIP Fluffy. You died way too young, and I miss you.

Back
Top Bottom