3rd Nest of the Season!

HAVE SMALL FEEDER OF GRIT IN THERE AS WELL AS THE MIX OF STARTER FEED I ALSO MIX IN 50/50 REG STARTER AND GAME BIRD STARTER BECAUSE IT IS HIGHER IN PROTIEN

Feeling sorry for myself, so guess what I did?

Two *fresh* pea eggs and one chicken egg I found in another nest.

-Kathy

Feeling sorry for myself, so guess what I did?

Two *fresh* pea eggs and one chicken egg I found in another nest.

-Kathy
ep.gif
Your Peas are laying again? I thought mine were bad, last egg I found was laid 9/3, nowhere near this late.

Quote:
ep.gif
Your Peas are laying again? I thought mine were bad, last egg I found was laid 9/3, nowhere near this late.
I couldn't believe it... several days ago I saw the hen in the "position", so I grabbed her and checked for an egg... sure enough, it was there. I left her alone, but she didn't lay it. The next day she was looking the same, but wasn't doing the normal pacing that they do, and was actually acting slightly sick, so I gave her about 500mg of calcium gluconate orally, as well as 60ml of water via the tube and left her alone. The sun set and she hadn't laid her egg yet, so I went back out around 10pm and there it was, under her perch. Since she seem like she might be having some calcium issues I'm going to keep giving the calcium as long as I can feel an egg.

FWIW, this is the same hen that laid last November.

-Kathy

Update on my Runty - I accidentally killed him last night... I had him out of brooder in a small box on the couch and my cat curled up on the box and squished/suffocated him.
hit.gif
I feel horrible. He probably wouldn't have lived as I think he had some sort of heart/lung defect that was causing him to have breathing problems (purple skin and purple legs), but I still feel awful.

-Kathy

So sorry!!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom