5.5 weeks, I know it’s early to ask gender, but I want to cull him

Thank you everyone! Hubby and I are taking care of him right after he finishes working tonight. I wanted to have as many as possible to keep each other warm thru the winter, but this guy is out of control.

These were eggs my friend found behind her shed in a hidden nest that a young pullet was trying to brood. It was mostly out in the open, and predators and weather would have probably killed her while she tried, so I slipped them into my incubator. She collected 10 more eggs a few weeks later and I also incubated them and I have just had a few more chicks hatch. The last thing I need is for Maple to teach the next group this behavior when they eventually meet.

That's crazy. I've had some that were pretty aggressive but not to that extent and at that age. I don't know where you are, but if you're near WI, I'll take him just to see if I can do anything with him. He might be a great flock protector and my situation is different then yours. I don't care if I have roos that are as mean as wolverines :)

That's crazy. I've had some that were pretty aggressive but not to that extent and at that age. I don't know where you are, but if you're near WI, I'll take him just to see if I can do anything with him. He might be a great flock protector and my situation is different then yours. I don't care if I have roos that are as mean as wolverines :)
I’m in NJ unfortunately, but if you know anyone nearby who wants him they are welcome to him for free.

Back
Top Bottom