5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

I'm lining up my eggs and plan to have some shipped....setting on a Wednesday will make things difficult. Should I have the eggs shipped out that Monday? Or have them shipped the week before and:confused: sit over the weekend....oh boy.
hu.gif
I might set mine in the morning before heading off to work.

Ship them as late as possible. every day older on shipped eggs is bad, IMO.
Yes! Have them shipped on Saturday if Possible. Even Monday and if you set on Thursday that will be fine. The fresher the eggs are the better they will hatch. The Embryos have to use a lot of energy to repair damage from shipping--The added energy needed to hatch an older egg often does not allow them to hatch.

Good Morning!

I am getting very excited about the hatch. The Cream Legbars X Crele Penedesenca pullets laid 4 eggs yesterday. I have set up a string of Christmas lights on a timer to give them light so hopefully they will like the rooster and lay lots of eggs for Set day, Dec. 11 for Chickens.

Good Morning!

I am getting very excited about the hatch. The Cream Legbars X Crele Penedesenca pullets laid 4 eggs yesterday. I have set up a string of Christmas lights on a timer to give them light so hopefully they will like the rooster and lay lots of eggs for Set day, Dec. 11 for Chickens.
clap.gif
Very exciting for you. What breed rooster are you pairing with them, Penedesenca?

Im still working on lining up some eggs. If Im lucky my Olive Egger pullet will start laying very soon, she is 24weeks old and getting very red in the face.

Well, My Buff orpingtons decided to molt.............
he.gif

This is what I was hoping to set for New Years hatch...................
English have molted already so I will put my hopes there.........
I am EXCITED already......................
lol.png

clap.gif
Very exciting for you. What breed rooster are you pairing with them, Penedesenca?
I am breeding the OEs(Cream Legbar X Crele Penedesenca) back to a Crele Penedesenca Rooster. I am hoping to get darker eggs and keep the Blue. I only hatched pullets so I do not have any Boys from the first cross.

I just got my eggs lined up, so I am definitely in this hatch along. I decided to go with Silkies for my 3 Daughters since they love them and they really want to start a flock of their own(they are 11, 7 and 6).
I will be getting my hatching eggs shipped from another BYC member.

I just got my eggs lined up, so I am definitely in this hatch along. I decided to go with Silkies for my 3 Daughters since they love them and they really want to start a flock of their own(they are 11, 7 and 6).
I will be getting my hatching eggs shipped from another BYC member.
ep.gif
Silkies!

wee.gif
That is very exciting. I hope the hatch!

I'm lining up my eggs and plan to have some shipped....setting on a Wednesday will make things difficult. Should I have the eggs shipped out that Monday? Or have them shipped the week before and:confused: sit over the weekend....oh boy.:confused:

Watcha getting? I can't decide if I want to hatch my own eggs or bring some in,decisions,decisions...

Hi MsLadyHawke! I plan on hatching Orpingtons! How bout you?

I'm hoping to have my AM's laying so I can hatch them and d'uccle usually they throw a bone, but a lot are going to the show so I doubt they will lay.

Back
Top Bottom