5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

Good morning! I hope everyone and there pets stay warm the next few days with all the cold weather across the states!

How cold are you in GA? Remember, I have a son out there.
smile.png
Bet if it's only in the 30's, he is telling everyone, "now this is what I'm used to." Will have to look up the weather in his area. How cold are you in your area right now?

LL

What a wonderful photo. Dew sounds like he is an amazing old guy. We've had to put a couple down ourselves. It is so hard. Having had them for so long, then, they are gone. I had my last two Golden Retriever's cremated. They use the prettiest box..you pick out..and have the ashes in a pretty blue bag inside..along with the Rainbow Bridge Poem. We aren't on a farm, or we would have a place for them in the back yard. Just couldn't bring ourselves to let them keep them and do what ever with them.

How cold are you in GA?   Remember, I have a son out there.  :)   Bet if it's only in the 30's, he is telling everyone, "now this is what I'm used to."   Will have to look up the weather in his area.   How cold are you in your area right now?

It's cold but the wind chill is like a razor. The wind they say is about 15-20 mph and gust up to 40! Wind chill they say this afternoon will be in single and negative numbers. That is cold for us around here!

Here we are
Mon
11am​
12pm​
1pm​
2pm​
3pm​
4pm​
5pm​
6pm
11am​
12pm​
1pm​
2pm​
3pm​
4pm​
5pm​
6pm​
Forecast​

Cloudy

Cloudy

Cloudy

Cloudy

Cloudy

Cloudy

Mostly Cloudy

Mostly Cloudy
Temp (°F)​
4°​
3°​
3°​
1°​
0°​
-2°​
-2°​
-3°
RealFeel
00ae.png
-23°​
-24°​
-25°​
-28°​
-30°​
-32°​
-34°​
-35°​
Humidity​
91%​
89%​
83%​
81%​
80%​
77%​
73%​
70%​

I'm in central Georgia, its 30 now the low will be 8. Wind chill over night -15. Mt husband is in Whiteland Indiana and says it will not get out of the negatives til Thursday. I am so not complaining about our temps!

Here we are
[TR]
Mon 11am​
12pm​
1pm​
2pm​
3pm​
4pm​
5pm​
6pm​
[/TR]
[TR]
11am​
12pm​
1pm​
2pm​
Wow!!
3pm​
4pm​
5pm​
6pm​
[/TR]
[TR]
Forecast​

Cloudy

Cloudy

Cloudy

Cloudy

Cloudy

Cloudy

Mostly Cloudy

Mostly Cloudy
[/TR] [TR]
Temp (°F)​
4°​
3°​
3°​
1°​
0°​
-2°​
-2°​
-3°
[/TR] [TR]
RealFeel
00ae.png
-23°​
-24°​
-25°​
-28°​
-30°​
-32°​
-34°​
-35°​
[/TR] [TR]
Humidity​
91%​
89%​
83%​
81%​
80%​
77%​
73%​
70%​
[/TR] [TR]
[/TR]

I'm in central Georgia, its 30 now the low will be 8. Wind chill over night -15. Mt husband is in Whiteland Indiana and says it will not get out of the negatives til Thursday. I am so not complaining about our temps!
Yea not complaining. Just worried. We have a place on lake Oliver (on the Ga / Ala border).I have not winterized it yet. I ruptured my achillies tendon a few months ago and have not had a chance to go over. :/

Here are few more pics of my HRIR / RIR cross . You can already see the brick shape(extended keel) in them. I figured I would share with everyone. I do have a HRIR pullet laying now!! I am excited about that I have a few more I hope soon:) by no means are they heritage. I keep egg layers like my production reds and some others to sell eggs to a lady who uses them in baking.

Last edited:

Here are few more pics of my HRIR / RIR cross . You can already see the brick shape(extended keel) in them. I figured I would share with everyone. I do have a HRIR pullet laying now!! I am excited about that I have a few more I hope soon:)
Looking good!

Back
Top Bottom