5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

great news guys! checked about 6 eggs tonight........so far all have HUGE veins and I can see my little babies moving inside! I tried getting pictures but my camera does no good to the egg, making it an orange blob....
jumpy.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
celebrate.gif

also, sad news..... it seems that the 9 refrigerated silkie eggs from my breeder are not growing......I may be out on the best hatch rate! pretty much all 9 so far are super doper light in weight and have no veins for moving spots of babies....im leaving the in in case some magic does happen, but im super excited on my babies I have seen so far!

the one egg that has an excellent veining is my silkie's first egg! if its a hen, I will name her Bell, which means beautiful in German! her egg is super small, idk how this will affect mu chick though! maybe we will just have a tinny chick....I mean they do come in all shapes and sizes!

so i have i fast grower?
and some normal rate growers..
and slow growers lol my twins are taking very long but im seeing veins now and yes the is an air cell on each side
and all if my eggs are doing well so far .
fl.gif
wow! twins! I hope they hatch well! what breed are they?

that will be so cool to have twins! have you had twins before?

great news guys! checked about 6 eggs tonight........so far all have HUGE veins and I can see my little babies moving inside! I tried getting pictures but my camera does no good to the egg, making it an orange blob....
jumpy.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
celebrate.gif

also, sad news..... it seems that the 9 refrigerated silkie eggs from my breeder are not growing......I may be out on the best hatch rate! pretty much all 9 so far are super doper light in weight and have no veins for moving spots of babies....im leaving the in in case some magic does happen, but im super excited on my babies I have seen so far!

the one egg that has an excellent veining is my silkie's first egg! if its a hen, I will name her Bell, which means beautiful in German! her egg is super small, idk how this will affect mu chick though! maybe we will just have a tinny chick....I mean they do come in all shapes and sizes!
Yay!
celebrate.gif
So glad you've got some development going on! Will keep fingers crossed your fridge eggs are just slow starters. One of my EE eggs I took out of the fridge when I decided I wanted to put some of them in the bator. At first I thought it wasn't going to start, because the other two had veining already and it had nada. But now all 3 have nice veining going on.
yesss.gif

Oh! The goats distracted me! LOL I came home today and there was 2 very cute bantam hens in the bus shed next to our driveway. I think I am going to see if I can lure them into my yard....then into the coop. Hehe. I found them.... they FOLLOWED me home.... that is my story and I am sticking to it.
big_smile.png

They are roosting in there and I am not 100% positive were they came from. It is so cold and nasty out for them not to be taken care of.
Snatch them up at night and put in there own coop for now

Quote: What is stock salt, is it known as something else. I need to try this. As for not moving things, impossible, with three big dogs, one close to 95 lbs and the cats that are into everything, nothing stays in place,

Yay!  :celebrate   So glad you've got some development going on!  Will keep fingers crossed your fridge eggs are just slow starters.  One of my EE eggs I took out of the fridge when I decided I wanted to put some of them in the bator.  At first I thought it wasn't going to start, because the other two had veining already and it had nada.  But now all 3 have nice veining going on.  :yesss:

Do fridge eggs usually have lower hatch rates?

Back
Top Bottom